King Arms Dragunov SVD - Spring powered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Arms Dragunov SVD - Spring powered

Seen a lot of reviews for the AEG version of the King Arms Dragunov around, but not much for the spring powered one.
    So, after owning one for a couple of months to see if any problems would develop, here are my thoughts on the gun;

Externals - Exceptional overall external quality, stock feels sold (has a slight curvature to it for more comfortable right handed shooting), handgrip is not as comfortable as other Dragunov's however. Also, front handguard appears to have panel gaps where the two plastic pieces join but on closer inspection it seems to have been designed that way.

Internals - Shot 500FPS out of the box with no modifications at all, appears to have higher quality components over its A&K counterpart but I’m not an expert on internals so don't take my word as gospel on that.

Performance - Easily the most accurate Dragunov i have owned, which is in comparison to the ARES SVD-S and the A&K SVD. Tight left/right shot groupings. Hop-up unit is easy to adjust with a rotating wheel which has small increments for high precision when adjusting, however takes 10 or 15 shots in the morning to get warm so don't adjust it before firing some shots off first. Sliding bolt action is smooth and light, half as much effort is needed to work it as opposed to the A&K version.

Practicality - Ridiculously long gun, the front flash hider tends to scoop up debris from the floor if you are not careful. 50 round mid-cap mag supplied fits easily with some wobble but always feeds. Only jammed once or twice and that was due to user error by half-cocking the bolt. Fire selector was a bit loose and could sometimes unintentionally put the gun on safe. Surprisingly light gun considering its size, much lighter and more manoeuvrable than the ARES SVD-S.

Other notes - Bought a Dragunov style scope for it which easily fitted onto the ARES version but required some dremmeling to get it the fit the King Arms, upgrade parts do exist but I’m in no rush to buy them as it shoots great as standard. Can buy suppressor adapter for it, but why you would want to make a stupidly long gun even longer i don't know.

Hope this has been helpful for people, leave a reply below if you have any questions. I have also posted a video review of this gun on YouTube, which you can find below;

About the Author

Collapse

Dale Burgess Find out more about Dale Burgess
Working...
X