Are KWA/KWC Actually Better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are KWA/KWC Actually Better?

Hey guys and thanks for the help, 3 years ago and from some people even now I was always told that KWA are the best manufacturer for airsoft pistols . I went ahead to buy the 1911 a1 model and for about £80.00 more than that of say a WE pistol, it really doesn't seem to be any better and in fact went on to brake due to a terribly thought of part.

Are KWA actually any better than other cheaper brands? From what i see they seem to be charging more just because they say they are used for police training and so on. Any other opinions on the subject are welcome.

Re: Are KWA/KWC Actually Better?

Yep they are.

The 'metal' in a lot of WE and inferior brand guns is made of pretty much a substance like cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
      Yep they are.

The 'metal' in a lot of WE and inferior brand guns is made of pretty much a substance like cheese.
      Personal opinion.

Some people are successful with them. Others are not.
      I've owned a few KWA pistols, and I prefer TM every time. And I've never had any problems with WE pistols either.

It's mainly based on the external look which make you go for. In my opinion anyway!
      For example most KWA pistols are fully licensed and I believe that's what you pay the extra money for.
      Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
      Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
      Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
      Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

That as true i must say, despite my KWA 1911a1's terrible internals, the exterior is a bloody good job.
        but i've been looking at a KSC (which i believe is roughlythe same, correct me if im wrong) 1911 mk3 or something like that and it costs £180, surely it cant be worth every penny when some of the WE Pistols (I use WE as a comparison because they are cheap and perform well in my experience) cost so much less and still perform very well ( THE NEW MODELS, THE OLD ONES WHERE CRAP).

Comment

Its KWA/KSC.

KWC build utter bollocks.

Comment

Ah yes that's what i meant sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive seen amazing performance from TM Pistols too, i'm just not brave enough to make the jump to plastic pistols (I cant even handle a plastic receiver let alone the whole thing)

Comment

Originally posted by Half Trigger View Post
              Personal opinion.

Some people are successful with them. Others are not.
              I've owned a few KWA pistols, and I prefer TM every time. And I've never had any problems with WE pistols either.

It's mainly based on the external look which make you go for. In my opinion anyway!
              For example most KWA pistols are fully licensed and I believe that's what you pay the extra money for.

Personal opinion based on er... fact.

We've seen so many WE G17 and P226 barrels snap because the metal is inferior. You can simply tell also when you strip the paint off a slide too of the quality of the alloy and casting.

You gets what you pays for.

The WE stuff is initially great for the price but I wouldn't compare it to KWA or KSC build or material quality.

Comment

Friend's TM G17 slide broke within 2 weeks, WE G18 barrel snapped.
                My KWA pistols faultless. Only thing done to them a year after purchase is a falcon hop rubber.
                Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

I would never have said that KSC/KWA are the best manufacturer for airsoft pistols - it's TM every time for me. KSC/KWA pistols are certainly very good (apart from their USPc, I think) but they're let down by their old (ball-bearing) and new (locking collar) hop-ups, which are pretty bad. KSC/KWA's construction and materials are still light-years ahead of even the newest WE stuff, though. WE have made big improvements lately but given how bad they were when they started (1911s, anyone?) the improvements only bring them from 'broken out of the box, irreparable' to 'almost acceptable, likely to fail within a few months'.

I would say there are maybe two top-tier manufacturers - WA and TM, some mid-tier manufacturers - KSC and KWA, some OK cloner manufacturers - KJW and WE, and some pretty dreadful manufacturers - KWC, DE, HFC etc. There's definitely a hierarchy within that list (personally, TM - WA - KSC - KWA - KJW - WE - KWC - prison rape - DE, HFC et al) and some limitations (older TM pistols shouldn't be used with propane unless preventatively modified, for example) and some exceptions, too, but that's the general lie of the land IMO.

Comment

Times change. WA used to be the top no doubt, KSC second but far cheaper. When the first TM GBBs came out, KSC were far better. Adjustable hop, decockers, heavyweight plastic parts and much better made, all at the same price point. TM are now the better to go with, and often cheaper than KSCs that are not more collectors items. They have improved to the point where they are almost on par with WAs quality and finish wise, but shoot far better. KWA have never been great in my opinion. They stick to old KSC construction that is more complex and fiddly than it needs to be, and the ball bearing hop sucks. Very little compatibility or aftermarket support. Quality is ok, but the slides always have a hollow feel to me and although the plastic is nice, the metal always feels a little cheap - I prefer the feel of quality ABS or heavyweight plastic. New WEs are better, but still not great from what I have owned. I have owned the M&P, M&Pc and Px4 but sold them all - I don't trust they will always work and the paint that they use comes of too easily on parts. The finish and fit is around as goo as KWA, but that's not amazing. They seem toy like even compared to all plastic WA guns. The best way to go, for me anyway, is newer TM pistols that use heavyweight plastic, just like old KSC and WA guns used to. This produces a realistic finish, heavy overall weight and good performance. A good example is the new TM M9A1 Inox. Judging by the finish on the photos online, it has a lovely satin silver effect, with heavyweight plastic to put it up at almost 1kg. This means you get a realistic look, great quality, great performance and lovely finish that won't scratch horribly like cheap metal slides. There is still a space for cheaper guns like WE, and KWA, even if I'm not a fan, but the overall best? Well TM now beats KSC for sure, and if you compare a TM M9A1 to a WA M9, they're pretty close although the TM shoots better. Really depend what you're looking for in a gun. Just my 2p.

Comment

IMHO I would put Maruzen slightly ahead of KWA but behind TM.

Western Arms used to be the top dog of GBB's but when you have to pay £75 for a spare mag and order them from Japan it really takes the shine off WA kit..

Also Stark Arms glock are good for the cash.

TM-Maruzen-KSC-KWA-WA-StarkArms-Tanaka-KJworks-Marushin-WE-Unlubed buttsex-SRC-HFC-KWC

Comment

SRC make handguns? Please tell me this isn't true. I forgot WinGun, too - and now I have remembered them! ARGH!

Are Stark Arms a WE/HK3P analogue? Or are they somebody else's relation? I can never get my cloners in order. I suppose my list currently reads:

TM > WA > KSC > KWA > Maruzen > VFC > KJW > Tanaka > Marushin > WE/HK3P > KWC > drinking weedkiller > WinGun, SRC, DE, HFC

Comment

SRC do indeed make handguns, which both suck and blow simultaneously.

Stark Arms only make Marui compatable Glocks, and they are the only "cloner" to use Aluminium slides and their own designs for the workings rather then just badly copy people, They make some of the GBB kit as the OEM for VFC..

Wingun.. ahh that takes me back, to think that Wingun where surprised that Airsofters expected "Hop-up" in their pistols!?!

Tanaka Revolvers are top notch, but their semi-auto are like 1st gen WE Shite, BELL make some sucky kit but their mags are better then some...

Tercels Marui copies are "Acceptable" for the minor outlay of cash, but you would need to use Marui mags with them or they ain't worth cack.. UHC kit is.. like the undead showing up.. unwelcome

How about :-

TM > Maruzen > WA > KSC > KWA > Tanaka > VFC > Stark Arms > KJ Works > Marushin > WE/HK3P > Tercel > KWC > flossing with a used tampon > Bell,WinGun, SRC, DE, HFC, UHC

Comment

Originally posted by StargateP90 View Post
                            Its KWA/KSC.

KWC build utter bollocks.
                            Oi my KWC co2 1911 is ledge! Edit to add. It is probably the only decent thing they make.

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
                              SRC make handguns? Please tell me this isn't true. I forgot WinGun, too - and now I have remembered them! ARGH!

Are Stark Arms a WE/HK3P analogue? Or are they somebody else's relation? I can never get my cloners in order. I suppose my list currently reads:

TM > WA > KSC > KWA > Maruzen > VFC > KJW > Tanaka > Marushin > WE/HK3P > KWC > drinking weedkiller > WinGun, SRC, DE, HFC
                              Stark Arms is VFC. They call is that just incase Glock kick up about the trademarks again, kind of protects VFC. Their Glock 19 is amazing, truly the best replica Glock available, and under $100. And yes, SRC have made TM clone M92s for a while, which suck, as well as TT33 Tokarev.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ken Find out more about Ken
                              Working...
                              X