Metro 2033/last light spartan ranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro 2033/last light spartan ranger

Hi guys, really want to make a metro 2033/last light spartan ranger load out! I'm not really sure were to start with it so just thought I'd ask you guys see if anyone could help me?

Re: Metro 2033/last light spartan ranger

I'm slowly putting together a Metro kit, I'd probably call it more metro dweller/station guard than ranger but the variety of kit they wear means it could be anything.

Kit wise you can probably get away with just about anything as long as it isn't western camo since its a case of using what you can find. Civy clothes like winter parkas, woolen jumpers, jeans, padded trouser etc would be fine. As the Rangers are meant to the remnants of the military then something Russian military would look good. Anything from now back to old Soviet kit would be fine; it just has to look warm (since it is nuclear winter) and be suitably battered/faded. Personally I'm using a pair of faded old Soviet Ttsko winter trousers and a telogreika padded jacket you see a few characters wear. I aslo have a thinner top as running around in a telog is suicide in anything over 5 degrees.

For webbing I'd say go for cheap plain looking body armour/vest and modify it youself by adding pouches for your required weapon (I'm guessing AK/RPK here since non of the others actually exist?). Again there is lots of variations seen in game so I'd say just pick one you like and try to copy it using whatever pouches you can find that look right. A mix of old soviet and more modern pouches looks good. You could use an actual russian vest and heavily mod/fade it but the initial cost is likely to be more.

Headgear- for a Ranger helmets are a key part of the look. The proper Ranger face mask one I think you'd have to make yourself which could be quite tricky and probably awful to play in. The others are Maska/Atlyn types which you can buy (real & repro) but they aren't cheap. I've gone down the budget route of modifying a motorbike helmet. I've made a visor for it but will probably leave it off. If you don't want a helmet then a wooly hat or ushanka could work too.

The rest is just extras- balaklavas, gloves, knee and elbow pads, first aid kits (they are actually soviet/russian ones so can be bought) knives, torches etc. These can all be added as you see fit.

Comment

Thanks pal this will help my with where to start off with it all, weapon wise I'm thinking AKSU as its used in last light, also thinking of picking up some of the Russian urban camos for any CQB games I play like the ones used in last light.

Comment

The urban camo in last light looks like it could be based upon old urban KKO pattern. However that is a pretty rare uniform so your best bet will probably be Gorod although even that isn't so easy to find anymore.

Comment

Has anyone read the book or just basing around the game? I'm reading the book and as might've been mentioned here the loadouts can be so varied from station to station. Also when the stalkers go up and outside the metro they just wear black overalls, high laced boots, a full screen gas mask with double air filters. Artyom was given a black kalashnikov with folding stock and a red laser. This would be easy but I don't think anyone would have a clue.

I hear they are making a film! 😆. Set in mexico 😑😑. I won't be watching that pile of 💩
          CM16 Raider (G&G)
          Scar-L CQC (TM recoil)
          L85A2 (ICS)

Dan Wesson 715 snub (ASG)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Drunken Nord Find out more about Drunken Nord
          Working...
          X