full metal glock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full metal glock

Hello everyone. Is there out there any full- full metal glock 17 or 18? I mean metal from bottom to top ( except handle). If there is, worth it to go for it? All i can find is the metal slide and internals but I would want a metal lower as well for the sound of recoil, but I am not sure. Any experience about it?

Re: full metal glock

Given that the RS Glock is polymer i think you are looking for a unicorn.

Comment

Right. So the situation is like with the G36.

Comment

Yeah, that is pretty much it.

You can get metal top slides but i have never heard of a metal frame.

Comment

Well I guess I'll have to make one Is the real steel metal upper, plastic lower combination?

Comment

The reason glocks were made famous were due to the company's experience with polymers (and suprisingly, not firearms). They do indeed have metal slides, the real counter parts use a steel slide with a "ferritic nitrocarburising" finish.

I would personally suggest the Stark Arms S17C. It's got a light weight aluminium slide and a nylon fibre lower grip. Feels great and isn't shiny like the ABS you see on KWA/KSC pistols. It's essentially a TM glock with better materials and similar performance. It takes TM mags and internals too.

They even send you two outer barrels with it. One metal and one plastic. It's quite nice of them. Their Glock 19 is becoming known as one of the best reproductions on the market and are very sought after.

HFC did make a "Full metal Glock". It's a combination of a Glock 17 slide with a S&W Sigma lower (full metal). It was just a TM G19 design in a Glock 17 slide. However, it only takes HFC mags.

I had one and it worked surprisingly well bearing in mind I spent £50 on it...

Comment

What I want to do is buying two Glocks. One for a sidearm, 17 will do. That's going to be pimped out in time but that's the last. The second Glock for my RONI kit which is gonna stay in there forever. Ideally that's an 18c. As it will hide in the kit doesn't really matter how it looks. Just asked if there is a metal body version somewhere I would buy it and that's only for the reason of sound as it recoils giving that cool clamping noise. That's all to it. Not really want tuch that Glock at all maybe only a bit longer inner barrel as it stays in the kit. And finally get 342 magazine for them so my side arm and primary would use the same mags. Strictly for indoors.

Comment

A normal Glock has metal slide rails anyway, so you wouldn't get a different noise from one of those HFC hybrids. A metal outer barrel and slide would be the best combination for a good metallic sound, not slide and frame as they hardly interact.

On a side note, HFC also make a subcompact G26 clone with a metal frame called the Cyborg on some sites:

Should use TM G26 mags.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mate29 Find out more about mate29
                Working...
                X