Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

VFC MP5 Upgrades what to go for (if at all) and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFC MP5 Upgrades what to go for (if at all) and why?

Right guys I'm moving over to the dark side, in the absence of a WE MP5 I'm going over to VFC for this particular GBBR.

Now ask me a question relating to just about any WE rifle upgrade and I have the answer, now the VFC is a different story, I'm all good on the tech side of things but what I'm wondering is what upgrades work and what ones to avoid out of the quite a few manufacturers that are out there, I'm well aware of the well documented issues relating to chewed up loading nozzles and I have at the very least a set of Azimuth nozzle guides on my shopping list.
    I was also looking at forking out $155 for a full TSC upgrade kit, but before I do she'll out £100 or so of my hard earned cash I want to know if its worth it and if I even need it?
    Also what is the best way to consistently reduce the FPS on a VFC MP5?

So there you go guys, the WE man needs help with GBBs for once, let me know what you recommend.

Lee

Re: VFC MP5 Upgrades what to go for (if at all) and why?

Why not just wait for WE's MP5? It can't be more than at least another six months away from release?

If I were you I would go for everything you mention plus maybe CO2 magazines and some kind of velocity regulator or flute valve, I know they shoot hot on green, would hate to see what they're like on CO2. Like you I am a WE man but unlike you I would never dream of doing something so abhorent as buying a VFC GBBR.
    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

I'm an impatient sob, if WE come up with one in the next 6 months or so that takes us into winter and we all know that's not the best time of year for our dear GBBs.
      I've wanted a GBB MP5, specifically the 'k' since I started Airsoft and with only the Maruzen and Well examples on the market I've resisted the temptation up to now, but seeing VFC bringing their 'k' to the table I couldn't resist any longer, they may have Swiss cheese internals but the sheer amount of upgrade parts available at the moment means that I can make it more or less bullet proof, and have myself a working full steel GBB MP5k :D

Comment

Well in the absence of any conclusive advice anywhere, the above is my chosen upgrade list for the VFC MP5. (Awaits response now telling me its all poo)....lol

Now to just get said MP5 :D

Comment

I used one for ages...
          I'm kinda of the opinion if it aint broke and all that.... I never had any issues with mine, despite reading a lot of reviews saying the internals were crap etc...
          I've read 10000 reviews of people saying the WE SCAR has crap internals for example, but I've never replaced a single part in that either! Not even the stock hinge plate.
          Rules
          I will ignore txt spk & people do not provide their real names. If I buy something from you, keep the money until I have checked its condition.
          For Sale:
          A load of stuff: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/search.php?searchid=1309747

Comment

Well shortly after ordering that little lot I found out that they have "tweaked" things a little for the 'k' one of those tweaks being that the K has inbuilt Bolt Guides, so those are going to a good home as soon as they arrive, I might just keep the rest in a safe place until something does break.

Comment

Its a wall hanger. Even in Taiwan with Guardsman upgrades, its money you dont want to invest in. Wait until the WE comes out.

Comment

Ahhhhh its too late now, its well on its way

Comment

Well I must say its not as bad as I've been told.

Fires well, feels absolutely perfect, a lot weightier than I thought it would be, relatively simple to strip and install some of the upgrades I've purchased, and the upgrades I have put into her are working perfectly.

Now on the flip side VFC quote 3 things, 1) bolt guides pre installed, mine has one. 2) one piece bolt and bolt head assembly, that's in no way true, its the same as all the other MP5s and 3) all new gas system, also not true, its exactly the same as regular MP5s

It's going to take more testing and fettling before I'm entirely happy with it but my initial impressions are good.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                    Well I must say its not as bad as I've been told.

Fires well, feels absolutely perfect, a lot weightier than I thought it would be, relatively simple to strip and install some of the upgrades I've purchased, and the upgrades I have put into her are working perfectly.

Now on the flip side VFC quote 3 things, 1) bolt guides pre installed, mine has one. 2) one piece bolt and bolt head assembly, that's in no way true, its the same as all the other MP5s and 3) all new gas system, also not true, its exactly the same as regular MP5s

It's going to take more testing and fettling before I'm entirely happy with it but my initial impressions are good.
                    I know this is an old thread but i have bought a almost new mp5k. And was hoping you got yours to run nicely with the upgrades? And is still active hire
                    Thank you.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tisane Find out more about tisane
                    Working...
                    X