Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ohshiboom grenade?

Originally posted by Skinner4 View Post
    My mistake the vtg is the one I was thinking off at 100 ish pounds .
    Oh, right. The VTG is £95 so it's a £35 difference, not £40. Assuming the Oshiboom impact type is £60?

Mind you, they aren't really comparable as they have different methods of deployment, so the point is moot.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Rather keep my impact grenades I have. Don't really like the idea of removing the pin and having a grenade that can go off with the slightest move (have seen the promo vid)
      Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

Oh and dynatecs are easier to reload as they reprime themselves
        Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

Originally posted by felix80 View Post
          Oh and dynatecs are easier to reload as they reprime themselves
          This. I have a dynatec impact and a couple of delay vtgs and the impact gets the most use by far. It can be safely carried pin out for quick deployment and takes seconds to reload on the move. By contrast the delay grenades involve stopping, taking a knee and priming. Not a massive ballache but slows you right down, especially if you only plan on owning one.
          Mine has never failed to go except when i've lobbed it into random piles of mud.
          As an aside, swat's aftersales is second to none: i had an issue with a vtg and Paul went above and beyond to sort it. I'd recommend a bfgx for that reason alone.
          "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
          George Carlin

Comment

From what I've seen, the oshiboom is 65 quid, the same place is selling the swat impact nade for................ *takes deep breath*.........65 quid!

Which would I rather have?
            The swat one, its better made, better finished and it works.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

They both work well ! I own the swat and the oshiboom . The oshiboom beats the swat when it comes to surfaces it detonates on , being a different design the oshiboom uses a toggle mechanism to extend the pin . This mechanism also enables it to be used as a trip wire detonated device . A big big bonus over the swat device . Both company's offer second to none customer service . Its nice to have a choice of two well made devices on the market . For me the oshiboom just edges it due to its clever design and always detonating , regardless of the surface it hits .. Both impact grenades take a similar time to reload , both are well made and finished . Either one is a good choice .

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
              in fact the dynatec type impact grenades including SWAT's BFGX impact is quicker to load than the oh-shi-boom,as you just remove cap,drop out spent blank,insert fresh blank and screw on cap
              Oshiboom loads the same way !

Comment

Personally I find the oshiboom tons easier to use, I have two, and they are greatly cheaper. Load and roll, job done, no fiddling with tools to get primed.
                sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

So 65 quid is greatly less than um, 65 quid?
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I really rate the ohshiboom personally, when compared to a friend's dynatec it's pretty much just as easy to load, slightly bigger, but far fewer mis-fires. Though looking at the above thread it appears dynatec's have a pretty loyal following, which can't be undeserved, might try one. Though I think all the dynatec fans should try the ohshiboom too to be honest, it's a cracking bit of kit.

To the OP - buy one, you won't regret it (get the shotty adapter though!)

Comment

Originally posted by biscuitninja View Post
                      I really rate the ohshiboom personally, when compared to a friend's dynatec it's pretty much just as easy to load, slightly bigger, but far fewer mis-fires. Though looking at the above thread it appears dynatec's have a pretty loyal following, which can't be undeserved, might try one. Though I think all the dynatec fans should try the ohshiboom too to be honest, it's a cracking bit of kit.

To the OP - buy one, you won't regret it (get the shotty adapter though!)
                      I was labouring under the misconception that the ohshiboom (only just got that -Doh!) grenade needed priming between loads with a pin (I'm sure I read that in a review somewhere). If it doesn't it sounds like it might be an improvement over the old dynatec design.
                      It's good to see that the old dynatec void is being filled by some good alternatives. I have to say I'm more than happy with my dynatec but I would genuinely be torn between a bfgx and a Oshiboom now.
                      "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
                      George Carlin

Comment

ohshiboom grenade?

You need to shove the pin back in yes, before unscrewing and swapping out the blank. To be honest, I only recover my grenade once the area is clear (site rules) anyway, so generally reload in relative peace anywho. They did a reloading competition at socom tactical a while back I think, someone won it with about 6-7 seconds or something, so with a bit of practice you could get it reloaded pretty quickly if that's your thing

Edit - spelling

Comment

You can just hold your thumb down on the cap while you reload you don't need to pop the pin back in.
                          Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                            So 65 quid is greatly less than um, 65 quid?
                            Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the comparisons between the oshiboom and the VTG ?
                            sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

Whats the point in comparing 2 totally different things with 2 totally different firing mechanisms?

Comment

The original post was not a comparison question . He was asking for users input not comparisons .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

suugyroo Find out more about suugyroo
                                Working...
                                X