Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical Gas Tri shot shotgun review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical Gas Tri shot shotgun review

Mate of mine did this review elsewhere and on his youtube channel, thought you'd appreciate it. Edited the other retailer it refers to.

Afternoon guys.

This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at a certain other retailer.

This is a text/ video review for now, with a video and preliminary firing test uploading tonight.

First impressions.

The box is very nice and well presented, with pictures of the shotgun on the front with features in English and Japanese, with a nice glossy finish.

Inside, you're immediately struck by the shotgun- securely held in place with straps.

The Shotgun comes with one removable gas tank and one 30-round shell, both packaged separately to the gun inside the box.

The shotgun itself.

The shotgun feels great. It's got a metal body, metal rail and sights, trigger and trigger housing, metal charging arms on the pump, and metal shell tube and barrel. The rest seems to be high quality ABS-type plastic.

The pump is light to rack, and sounds GREAT.

Trademarks are typical marui- ie, they've got the Tokyo Marui name and logo on it.

The gas tank is a bit awkward to access- the rubberised stock pad seems to just 'pull off', rather than any specific knack. When you want to change the tank, you just press a catch inside once you take off the pad, and it releases it fine.

Gassing the tank may take a while- Marui claimed you can fire '100 shots' with it, which I'm not 100% sure of so far, but I possibly didn't fill it up enough.

The cartridge is well built, holds 30 rounds snugly, and is semi translucent so you can see the outline of the bbs, which is cool.

The shell door, always a weak point of the original Marui M3 shotties, seems to be much more secure here. It's not metal, but it feels a lot more solid.

How does it shoot?

Firing is simple- you rack the pump, select whether you want to fire 3, or 6 shot, and blast away.

3 shot is great. There's some spread, but it's reliable, powerful, and range is decent out the box on green gas.

6 shot is EVIL. The bbs go in a similar spread to the 3 shot, with not much noticable drop in power- it fires 2 from each tri-barrel, so you're getting hit with 2 rounds in 3 places with each pull of the trigger.

You can also slam-fire the shotgun; hold the trigger down, and rack the pump. This is going to be brutal in CQB, especially on 6-shot. I can empty an entire 30-round shell in under 3 seconds.

Initial conclusions.

Initial conclusions are that this shotgun is a BEAST. It feels solid, shoots well, seems powerful and takes green gas fine. It feels great fun to fire, and I think it's the shotgun system we shotgun fans were waiting for.

I'll be putting it through its paces this weekend at Operation Orchid Dawn at Tier 1 military simulation, and it should get a thorough workout in that FIBUAR environment at Stanta, so I'll update further after its first big outing.

Massive thanks to the retailer for getting to me so quick, and for sorting me the two spare gas tanks.

Video version of this review should be up later tonight. If you're on facebook, please like my page, Maple Leaf Tactical.

https://www.facebook.com/mapleleaftactical?fref=ts

My youtube channel is here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/writerdave87

Cheers

Dave

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Quite tempted to get me one! Although with shotguns I so like them to be covered in toys. So hopefully some parts will be made to do that soon.

I am on the Taliban side for Tier 1, so if I get shot with it I'll let you know how much 6 shot hurt.

Comment

Re: Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical Gas Tri shot shotgun review

You select 3 or six shot after racking it? This confuses me.
      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
      Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

no you can pull back the cartridge chamber cover with your finger tip any time if you prefer . Just that racking it back opens the chamber for you

Comment

i had a play with one of these yday, if i didn't have a £600 bill owing between two airsoft shops already, i'd buy one of these in a flash!!
          Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Been wanting a proper skirmish ready shootie for a while just waiting on mine to clear customs and parcelfarce to deliver it :-)

Comment

Soo tempting !!!!! What's the range like ?

Comment

Theres the full video review
                sigpic

Comment

Dave (the reviewer) decided to shorten it down to a more CQB friendly length and added an ATI heatshield.

sigpic

Comment

I fired one of these in a shop today.

Very...meh

Sure, you can slam fire it and have 6rd shots available to you, and it's gas, but you can be pretty much as effective with a tri-shot (Just my opinion anyway)
                    They're nice, but very over-rated in my eyes.
                    IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

i was thinking if you want to turn it into a pistol grip shotgun,then you could possibly use a maruzen defender/revision pistol grip gas tank,and add a bullet valve adaptor for the connection
                      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyyy View Post
                        I fired one of these in a shop today.

Very...meh

Sure, you can slam fire it and have 6rd shots available to you, and it's gas, but you can be pretty much as effective with a tri-shot (Just my opinion anyway)
                        They're nice, but very over-rated in my eyes.
                        Call me cynical, but do you really think that 5 minutes spent finger banging this shotty in the confines of a shop can tell you how well it'll perform out in the field?

Comment

i think its to do with the way they sound when fired...if you fire a gas blowback pistol, smg or rifle,there is a nice crack,a bit of recoil, it sounds and feels more realistic,but with gas shotguns, and revolvers its a bit tame ther is hardly any feedback, except my revision because it has a moving ejector, so that does have a nice sound and feel to it
                          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
                            Call me cynical, but do you really think that 5 minutes spent finger banging this shotty in the confines of a shop can tell you how well it'll perform out in the field?
                            Not particularly. But in my eyes it's not worth it anyway. I do like the slam fire though, that would be useful. But bar that I think it's very over-rated. No doubt it will skirmish well but I'd rather pay £60 for a tri-shot than £300 etc.
                            Didn't want my post to sound snobby, not my intention, but I don't see why everyone is fan-girling over them

If a clone comes out, for a more suitable price (IE £150-200 or so) then I'd be tempted, especially if it was WE as their new stuff is bloody brilliant.
                            IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyyy View Post
                              Not particularly. But in my eyes it's not worth it anyway. I do like the slam fire though, that would be useful. But bar that I think it's very over-rated. No doubt it will skirmish well but I'd rather pay £60 for a tri-shot than £300 etc.
                              Didn't want my post to sound snobby, not my intention, but I don't see why everyone is fan-girling over them

If a clone comes out, for a more suitable price (IE £150-200 or so) then I'd be tempted, especially if it was WE as their new stuff is bloody brilliant.
                              6 rounds sounds fun, its TM which means rounds should have good range. And it seems like its far easier to rack than a springer, I'm no weakling but I know that if I rack my DE enough it hurts.

And full metal.
                              "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                              Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nun-Chuck Find out more about Nun-Chuck
                              Working...
                              X