Russian MTP or DPM Loadout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian MTP or DPM Loadout?

Does anybody run a russian Multicam Loadout or a DPM Loadout? If so post your pics. Im thinking of following that theme so I want to try and create a mood-board for myself with pictures ect
    Last edited by LiveKarma; 19 August, 2013, 22:50.

Re: Russian MTP or DPM Loadout?

Aren't MTP and DPM mostly British/Commonwealth patterns? It would be strange to see the Russkies wearing it.

Some Russian units do use Multicam, however...

Comment

Originally posted by Saoul View Post
      Aren't MTP and DPM mostly British/Commonwealth patterns? It would be strange to see the Russkies wearing it.

You are correct however I have seen quite a few pictures dotted around the internet of Russian DPM and MTP and wondered if anybody here was running a similar loadout as I am thinking of doing it.

Comment

Well, Russia doesn't use MTP or DPM.

The FSB occasionally run multicam (please note, multicam is NOT MTP) and MVD units run SMOG - what you refer to as DPM.

Personally if you're going to run any form of multicam then there's no point using Russian gear. It's not predominantly used in any FSB unit, it's a small minority. Plus you'd just look like every other person in multicam, except with an AK (people seem to think this makes them an operat0r). Better going for Partizan/Ryaska/Berezhka/Digiflora if you want to a good MVD loadout.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post

The FSB occasionally run multicam (please note, multicam is NOT MTP) and MVD units run SMOG - what you refer to as DPM.

Personally if you're going to run any form of multicam then there's no point using Russian gear. It's not predominantly used in any FSB unit, it's a small minority. Plus you'd just look like every other person in multicam, except with an AK (people seem to think this makes them an operat0r). Better going for Partizan/Ryaska/Berezhka/Digiflora if you want to a good MVD loadout.
          This man knows a lot more than I do. Listen to him :P

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post

Okay thanks for the information. Im basically looking for a cheaper option and gear I can order from the UK as I dont fancy waiting for 3 week delivery from russia :P

Comment

All my gear is from Russia:

It's worth the wait, mainly because the gear from Russia is made commercially and to actual standards. Plus the fact that actual MVD and FSB units use the same commercially sourced gear shows that it'll stand up to what airsoft can throw at it.

Personally I'd suggest looking at Olga's ebay shop (PM me for more info) and get a Tarzan vest along with a set of Partizan or digital flora for a bit more.

Comment

As I already have Multicam and DPM at the moment I will experiment with different accessories ect and try to make myself look russian, then on payday in a few weeks I will order from russia and do the waiting! :P

btw you look awesome!

Comment

The gear works very well, much better than stuff I've used that is MOLLE based. It's just a bonus that it looks awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Saoul View Post

This is Helikon Camogrom :D

Comment

Some russian MVD Forces. The camo looks a lot like DPM

Comment

No don't look any bit like DPM , this is KAMYSH - similar to tiger stripe or lizard camo

Comment

http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00222.php

They do have a pattern that is very close to DPM.

Comment

Word, look like a Russian not like Ameriksoyi with an Automat.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                              http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00222.php

They do have a pattern that is very close to DPM.
                              That is where I got the idea from.

If they use a camo like DPM (SMOG) then I could just use that , put the correct badges on it and buy the right accessory gear

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LiveKarma Find out more about LiveKarma
                              Working...
                              X