Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First man in room clearing?

Originally posted by reaper_leaper View Post
    Sorry for the horrendously late reply, but to answer your question above - current doctrine has changed from using the 'fun setting' fire selector to single shot throughout. Operational experience was finding that fully automatic fire was running the risk of civilian casualties, leading to friendly fire (stray rounds going through partition walls etc) and massively increasing the amount of rounds troops needed to carry compared to conventional equipment scales. Also, double tapping people is seen as a more lethal shot - aimed shots and all that jazz.
    Personally, I agree with the decision for all the reasons above and more - namely that in a high stress, high adrenaline environment it gives you another way to control excitable and pumped up troops.
    For Airsoft, I'd encourage single shot and mid caps in a urban environment at all times. It avoids overkill, makes players more willing to move through the terrain instead of hiding in corners with box mags, and is also probably the closest you will get to realistic military training in the sport. For me, Airsoft isn't just a game (although it is and bloody good fun too!), it's a legitimate (if unrecognised in the British Army) way to train realistically.
    It makes sense to go in on Semi to be honest. As I said all small team stuff and special tactics I've been taught outside of the Infantry encourages semi. In know in Afghan in 2007 we were going through stupid amounts of ammo clearing compounds.

It's funny you mention training actually because not long after I wrote that reply I played an urban site and while discussing techniques and methods with on of my non-mil friends we decided to treat the game as a realistic training scenario with me taking the lead. Turned out to be much more fun, and is now how I intend to play moving forward rather than just looking at it as a bit of a laugh.

Comment

I believe the infantry doctrine has changed for urban ops as well - my course was only in May so it may take a while for some of the old and bold to change their ways but it should happen soon.
      I do find when you have the right set of players who are willing to learn and have a bit more maturity everyone has a lot more fun learning and practising some more of the realistic tactics. I do recognise it isn't for everyone though
      "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Comment

Originally posted by reaper_leaper View Post
        I believe the infantry doctrine has changed for urban ops as well - my course was only in May so it may take a while for some of the old and bold to change their ways but it should happen soon.
        I do find when you have the right set of players who are willing to learn and have a bit more maturity everyone has a lot more fun learning and practising some more of the realistic tactics. I do recognise it isn't for everyone though
        Christ it could be years then before the Infantry on a whole adapt the new techniques if it's down to the old and bold, lol!! I definitely agree with your last two sentences there. I found it much more fun, and so did my pal, to take it a lot more seriously.

Comment

You don't need to worry about Doors if you have a modified SCAR that will consistantly shoot the Bollocks off a Gnat at 400m as you can just shoot through the Walls ;-)

Comment

I use lots of boom boom pow. clears all rooms. but first, i like to either giggle like a girl or throw in one of those jack in the boxes that plays pop goes the weasel just to really unsettle everyone
            -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
            -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

2 man entry, number 2 kicks the door open cursing and swearing then dives for cover, no one then jumps through the window like a ninja* and melee kills everyone...

*number 1 may need to be an actual ninja
              don't get mad at people who don't call their hits, if they didn't call it you must have missed...keep shooting...reload if you have to...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Queboo12 Magpul User and Abuser Find out more about Queboo12
              Working...
              X