First man in room clearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First man in room clearing?

Three grenades followed by three more for the cheats who don't call hits. Then solder on in and pick em up.
    sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
      Take it up with SWAT teams and whoever trains them.
      Your idea though means the guy is in the middle of the room, target for all. Chances of friendly fire are higher as he has to cross friendly lines of fire.
      Does he though? He pegs it to the opposite corner from which he enters, clearing that doorway as soon as possible (and quicker than doubling back on himself if entering from left of the door and hanging left for example) Then the second man moves to the opposite corner.

Trying to remember who brought this method up with me. hmm

Where are those SAS chaps when you need them eh?
      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
      Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Originally posted by Chewybacka View Post
        Three grenades followed by three more for the cheats who don't call hits. Then solder on in and pick em up.
        not forgeting to pick bfgs up while firefight still on is always "good" idea.

Comment

If I can put my two pennies' in - I am a Army OBUA instructor and although we don't do this stuff to SF levels every day I think I'm in position to offer some advice.
          The initial entry method into a room depends on unit SOP's, the tactical situation and the first man's decision taking in all the factors. The button hook method (i.e. the entry man doubling round into the blind spot) is favoured as the number 2 is right behind and will follow the wall the team can 'see' from the door, leaving the room covered very quickly.
          The cross over method is another method used, although it has two people entering the doorway (and the fatal funnel of fire) very closely together with no cover to the front.
          There are other techniques but it's very hard to explain in this medium! Some of the best entry drills in a film recently are, in my opinion, the ones in Zero Dark Thirty, particularly the slow approach work followed by short, sharp entry - you should always look for the three S's - Surprise, Speed and Shock
          In all honesty, unless you have trained with you teammates to a VERY high degree and trust each other implicitly you can't really do effective 2, 3 and 4 man room entry drills, best chuck a grenade in and follow it as soon as it goes off!
          "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
            I was first man into the room at the top of The Mall next the to the play room on Sunday. I have never before been shot so many times by so many people for so little gain and so much pain.

I went right, if that helps.
            Were you orange or green? If you were orange, I think I probably shot you a few times. That said, I was first man in when green were attacking and I have the bruises to prove it. Talk about a kill zone (though I did get a few)

Comment

doesnt really work in airsoft, as 75% of the time they know your coming in and theres 2837429837 guns pointed at the door. work rather well however if the people in the room are unaware that your about to enter. a technique i saw was, entering from the left however the second guy goes left, the first guy jammed his foot against where the door frame meets the floor in order to get a decent purchase and propel himself right, wokeed very well and didn't look much slower than if he had gone left.
              “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

In airsoft, the first man in on room clearance normally shouts "ow ow ow ow hit! mother fu**er hit!"

In all seriousness unless you are part of a team I wouldn't try doing proper room clearances. Most airsofter's don't bother or don't know how, its like fire and manoeuvre it is a very rare occurance in the field unless you are with serving/ex-forces because 99% just turn and run, they don't stop and cover.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrisianspirit View Post
                  Does he though? He pegs it to the opposite corner from which he enters, clearing that doorway as soon as possible (and quicker than doubling back on himself if entering from left of the door and hanging left for example) Then the second man moves to the opposite corner.

Trying to remember who brought this method up with me. hmm

Where are those SAS chaps when you need them eh?
                  You talking 2 or 4 man entry?

First man left side takes left hand closest corner and room quarter, second man takes second left hand corner and second room quarter. Right hand side is the same. Left side will never do right as they have to cross right hand side arc of fire, thus removing two weapons from the fight.
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

why is everyone obsessed with getting into the room without knowing whats in there?

Stay out of the room as long as possible, pick off people from the edges of the corridor of death, then pick off and ones you cant see afterwards by heading into the room.

Comment

Because its gnarly entering a room, knowing your outnumbered, double tapping the enemy whilst dodging incoming BB's (special forces styley) then your whole team shouting 'clear' 'clear' 'clear' and then walking out of said building to the applause of both your team and the opposing team.

Que posing for Operator esq photo and home in time for tea

P.S - Once home, proceed to post in here about said breach http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...avorite-moment! or here http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...lls-of-my-life
                      But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
                      I have spread my dreams under your feet;
                      Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Comment

Because nothing beats banging through the entirety of the shops at copehill down saying only the words "Stack on me", "ROOM CLEAR" and "BUILDING CLEAR".

That and the looks of the opposition when you clear an entire house in under a minute with 12 guys without a single one of your team being hit.

If all people did was "pick off the people they saw" building clearance would go on FOR EVARRRRRR :
                        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

You have all forgotten one skill needed for awesome room clearance.

Knee slide in whilst duel wielding pistols like a boss!
                          section 24 of the 1968 Act
                          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

With my knees? At my age? No. Just no.
                            Send in someone covered in Flyewarriorsuperdooper kit. Preferably with pistols with some impressive engraving on. For best effect, they need to be c. 23 stone and with agility of a paraplegic hippo. At least that seems to be the norm.

I have to say, the best room clearance drills I've seen airsofting were at Virus, in Sussex. There were some regulars there who were very good. (I'm a rubbish CQB player; too old, too slow, too fat, too knackered.)
                            Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Because im a big bloke im usually the first one in with everyone else using me as a meat shield/flashbang deflector.
                              Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                                If all people did was "pick off the people they saw" building clearance would go on FOR EVARRRRRR :
                                Try it next time, you'll be surprised! I didn't say stand still, still make an effort to get in there, just take care of everything you can from the outside first.

Which is quicker? Taking an extra 30 seconds doing that, or running in, getting hit, respawning etc

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Queboo12 Magpul User and Abuser Find out more about Queboo12
                                Working...
                                X