Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Opinions of how effective MTP actually is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions of how effective MTP actually is?

So today i went airsofting wearing mtp but in the forest i stuck out like a sore thumb as MTP just seamed to be way too bright . This got me thinking my old DPM seemed to do a way better job so why supply MTP to troops stationed in the UK? In afghanistan its really good though......
    your thoughts ?

Re: Opinions of how effective MTP actually is ???

were you wearing desert mpt or woodland?

Comment

In all honesty i didnt know there was a difference but i was wearing the soldier 95 jacket in mtp so the early version i presume?

Comment

There is no pattern difference between temperate and warm weather mtp, temperate mtp is made from thicker material.

Comment

Ive found that in some woodland areas the MTP/MC works really great! To a point that i couldnt see my team mate next to me, but again ive in other occasions I stood out! So you could say its really on the AO, but the better half it does work well in my eyes.
          Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

I think its pretty good, the old DPM was far too dark! I have 2 different issued shades, one alot like multicam and a faded version..
            If god was an AEG, i have owned him at some point....

MB

Comment

Mine looks faded ... Yes DPM may be dark however in forests or jungle environment it performs extremely well . Now take mtp in those environments the result isnt so good .

Comment

Thats because MTP is a desert or arid pattern so it won't perfect perfectly in woodland like A-TACS FG or AOR2 which is specifically designed for woodland.

As for jungles from what I've seen photo wise jungle training still seems to be done in DPM
                Fire Team Zulu
                Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Well, curlyrocks, in that case use whatever camo works best in your environment!
                  MTP is, after all multi terrain pattern, which means it is designed to be a universal camo that works reasonably well in all environments.

Personally I find that MTP works very well where I play. I've posted these pics before, but here they are again for ease of comparison:

Personally DPM seems too dark to me and DDPM works extremely well during the autumn.
                  sigpic

Comment

Re: Opinions on how effective MTP actually is ???

Wow thanks for the photos I really appreciate it . However when its dark and wet it does not seem to be as effective but dry its really good . moreover when in britain , it rains more than when it is dry so surely dpm would be better especially how when it rains the tree drunks get alot darker making the darker dpm better? but still really interesting conversation going on here .

- - - Updated - - -

Good example , this is pretty much what i Was wearing except i was wearing mk6 helmet .
                    Last edited by curlyrocks; 8 September, 2013, 22:27.

Comment

I imagine it's because using two entirely different camo patterns is too cumbersome for the Armed Forces. MTP was designed to negate the need for switching camos all the time depending on the environment, whilst still providing a decent amount of camouflage. This was especially apt for Afghanistan where the troops would be constantly going in and out of the Green Zone...desert/trees/fields.
                      Also training with DPM and then switching to MTP may have an impact on the sense of familiarity with the kit, so sticking to one camo would be better in preparation for deployment? After all, they are training for combat in the Middle East, not the UK.
                      And as mentioned above, perhaps some special units still train in DPM in preparation for jungle warfare?
                      sigpic

Comment

You make a good point .

Comment

Marpat and flecktarn seem to work well at the woodland sites round here this time of year. Doesn't stop me wearing the mtp though lol.
                          We humans seem to look for faces though, disrupt the face and head shape and target aquisition seems to take longer. Boonie hats are great for this.
                          G&P SR-15-URX / HK416 Frakenstein build / CYMA MP5K ctr stocked cqb goodness / CYMA CM048 ak74
                          -----Broken/project guns wanted-----

Comment

Mtp as said is for multiple terrain it is issued on its own to be used in all terrain so we dont have
                            To change camo all the time. When we move into different terrain we adapt the camo using the
                            Surrounding vegetation. When you are trained in its use it can work very well but of course it
                            Works better in certain terrain. I agree that dpm works better in more green vegetation thats
                            Why i use it at my site as it works better.

Comment

MTP was primarily designed for the places that the Army was likely to fight in which at the moment is dessert/semi arid counties, less vegetation more sand and rock. DPM was designed for northern Europe because that's were we would have been fighting the Warsaw pact troops. It comes down to cost for maintaining only having the one pattern issued, PCS is expensive and each soldier has 3 temperate uniform and 4 warm weather uniforms. If they still got 3 sets of DPM and DDPM as well the cost would be alot higher.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

curlyrocks Find out more about curlyrocks
                              Working...
                              X