Gas Blowback Rifles what lube to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Blowback Rifles what lube to use?

I have recently got my first GBBR a WE SA80A2 and was wondering whats the best lube to use on it

I have some white lithium grease I use on my tm vsr's. would this be suitable for the spring guides and bolt?

And what lubricant would you use on the trigger assembly?

Thanks

Re: Gas Blowback Rifles what lube to use?

Halfrauds do a silicon spray for £3.99, but you can also pick up oil for hair clippers from most pharmacists. Some people apply the grease a bit too liberally in my opinion. Be aware it picks up bits of dirt etc that will end up scratching/wearing the working parts.

The barest minimum of grease is required, same with oil. Just a few drops and work it well.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I thought silicone is not meant to be used for metal on metal lubrication? I have some abbey silicone spray and oil but thought that was only to be used on the hop up and o rings

Comment

A lot of people say that, but they also say a lot of other crap. Here's an old thread discussing the use of silicone as a lube:

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...al-Lubrication

For the record; I've never had an issue using oil myself.
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I use a 30wt RC silicone oil on the trigger group, and SuperLube (amazon it) or Froglube on the bolt/moving metal parts.

Don't waste time on spray if you plan on using it a lot, it's too light for the bolt

Comment

SuperLube is good stuff. Used it on both PTW's and GBBRs. Currently experimenting with Froglube, but have yet to make my mind up about it.

Comment

Froglube .. Nuff said !

Comment

Think I'm going to get some frog lube, what would be the best type for lubricating a GBBR, VSR Bolt and GBB Pistol

Froglube paste, solvent or gel?

Comment

ive got the runny one - i didn't know they made gel.

The paste only works when it heats up, which is great for real guns but not so much for airsoft, where things definitely don't heat up (except motors).

The runny one works fantastically for everything on my GBB pistol, so I imagine that it will work just as well on a GBB rifle. I'd guess the gel may also need some slight heat to get going similar to the paste.
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                    A lot of people say that, but they also say a lot of other crap. Here's an old thread discussing the use of silicone as a lube:

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...al-Lubrication

For the record; I've never had an issue using oil myself.
                    It's not crap though and I as an engineer stand by that.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                      It's not crap though and I as an engineer stand by that.
                      I've never had any issues with silicone oil as a lubricant. What I'm saying there is that people scaremonger. Stating that your gun will set on fire and summon forth the foulest demons of Hades and that your gun will be knackered in no time.

Never a problem in years here.

Comment

I get ya.
                        I'd never recommend it myself.
                        I'll only use lithium on the gears and metal on metal contact areas for the simple reason that between the teeth is surprisingly high in pressure and silicone grease just liquidises and runs out from the high pressure contact points.

It is certainly one of those things, the wear will increase but many won't notice.
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I've been using Cross Country Teflon lube on my WA SVI's for the past 11 years, and its doing a damned good job on my WE PDW.

Doesn't need a lot, as a little goes a long way,

Yes, its meant for use on mountain bike's ..........

Comment

Summer lube is good, its dry so doesn't attract dust or debris, plus its hard wearing.

Comment

Just read this post. Would 3 in 1 white lithium grease be ok for gbb?

Regards

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

I love Airsoft Find out more about I love Airsoft
                              Working...
                              X