Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UKARA Question

Originally posted by ManicSamurai-AirsoftNoob View Post
    I can cope with a two tone gun, I just want to play in the end result and borrowing a gun was my original intention to start but I had some money to buy my own. I can do a 180 on that if need be.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk
    That's the spirit mate! Two tone isn't so bad anyway and your only treading on the same ground that most other airsofters have had too.

Two tone gets a load of flak but new players need to start somewhere and this is almost like an initiation. Besides that - I have seen guys with the latest gbb m4 wearing a bright pink tutu. Obviously i then make sure that i am not on his team!

Who gives a shirt.
    "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

Originally posted by Vex View Post
      Have you been before or is this going to be your first time? I'd recommend borrowing or hiring if you can before you purchase anything, as it may not be what you expected.

If you have then like others have said you could borrow a gun or buy a two tone and sell it once you are 18 and have a defence.
      One catch, two-tone (or really any painted) guns always have a smaller market and/or lower price than standard, you'd more likely be financially better off to borrow a gun and save your money to buy non-two-tone in the first place, less hassle too.
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Have you been before or is this going to be your first time? I'd recommend borrowing or hiring if you can before you purchase anything, as it may not be what you expected.

If you have then like others have said you could borrow a gun or buy a two tone and sell it once you are 18 and have a defence.
        I will be renting a gun for my first game or two or borrowing one, although having a gun for myself to be responsible for if it breaks will be a lot better. But like I said earlier just playing air soft and becoming part of a friendly community is the main goal which ever way

Comment

All credit to you bud. Normally, young lads join this forum with fake profiles to try and get RIFs.

You've been open and honest about your motives and you've asked reasonable and sensible questions on a couple of threads. You are what young airsofters should aspire to be like, unlike some who spoil it for others. I don't hide the fact that I don't like kids messing around with guns, that's my job.

If only the numpties could take a leaf out of your book, the forums (There are others, like there are other retailers) would be a better place for all. Well done.
          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Thanks BAMF!
            I am just trying to develop a better knowledge and understanding of airsoft before I burst into a site with a bad gun/gear etc.
            It is nice to hear something like that due to me thinking at first, the airsofting world wouldn't take kindly to an under 18 year old. (not trying to sound soppy =D)
            I understand that airsoft is a specialized hobby and not many over 18 regulars would be happy to see some cocky youngster ruining the fun. So it comes down to maturity in the end I guess and I see it like this; using this forum gives me a realistic understanding of the community and in a way you guys with your massive armouries and years of experience will effectively be teaching me hahah
            Anyway (before I get even weirder)
            Thanks again BAMF!
            -Liam

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
              One catch, two-tone (or really any painted) guns always have a smaller market and/or lower price than standard, you'd more likely be financially better off to borrow a gun and save your money to buy non-two-tone in the first place, less hassle too.
              It depends on his patience I suppose but yes it would be better to borrow one if possible.

Originally posted by ManicSamurai-AirsoftNoob View Post
              I will be renting a gun for my first game or two or borrowing one, although having a gun for myself to be responsible for if it breaks will be a lot better. But like I said earlier just playing air soft and becoming part of a friendly community is the main goal which ever way

Renting one regularly would cost a fair price too, so borrow if you can. Most brands are sturdy and wont break so easily so I wouldn't worry about that too much, (almost) everyone takes extra care when they're using someone elses stuff. Only time i've seen guns break is from slips, trips & falls and improper use.
              For Sale
              Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

It depends on his patience I suppose but yes it would be better to borrow one if possible.

Renting one regularly would cost a fair price too, so borrow if you can. Most brands are sturdy and wont break so easily so I wouldn't worry about that too much, (almost) everyone takes extra care when they're using someone elses stuff. Only time i've seen guns break is from slips, trips & falls and improper use.
                I have talked to my friend's Dad today and he is more that happy to let me borrow one of his many guns, I even get to pick one hahaha he said they need to be used. Hopefully skirmishing will happen a lot quicker than I thought plus I got him to go again along with his son and my friend

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
                  It is also illegal to "Modify an IF into a RIF"... That is to say if your dad buys a 2 tone and gives it to you, that is fine. But if you paint it without a defence as detailed in section 37 of the VCRA you are breaking the law.
                  Fixed for you.

Comment

Pretty sure the VCRA reads 'Manufacture'.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                      Pretty sure the VCRA reads 'Manufacture'.
                      Says both, but the above is an example of modifying an IF into an RIF, not manufacturing one

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if—

(a)he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;

(b)he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/section/36
                        For Sale
                        Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ManicSamurai-AirsoftNoob A beginner in the airsofting world and looking for a starter gun, G&G or Classic Army is looking to be my best bet. Going to be roaming the forums for answers to my questions, if not I Will ask haha Find out more about ManicSamurai-AirsoftNoob
                        Working...
                        X