UKARA Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKARA Question

I was wondering as nothing I have read about the UKARA rules on their website and this forum answer my question.
    I am 16 and planning to get hold of my first AEG + Gear and clothing but let's focus on the gun.
    I hate this two tone paint aspect, so I wondered if my Dad (obviously over 18) could buy a gun for me then for me to use even if it wasn't for a event like Christmas or my birthday, although, my Father does not hold a UKARA number as he doesn't skirmish.
    I just hope the concept of my father buying me a gun to use is okay.
    -Liam

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk

Re: UKARA Question

Your dad can ONLY buy a two tone as he is OVER 18 but WITHOUT a defence. (In this instance, UKARA)

Google "VCRA 2006 Section 36". This is the start of the LAW pertaining to RIF purchase.

In a nutshell:
    Under 18 - illegal to attempt to purchase / actually purchase
    Over 18, no defence - only allowed to buy 2 tones
    Over 18, with defence - the world is your oyster

It is also illegal to "manufacture" a RIF... That is to say if your dad buys a 2 tone and gives it to you, that is fine. But if you paint it without a defence as detailed in section 37 of the VCRA you are breaking the law.

Comment

Oh OK thank for the speedy answer, I think I'll just have to deal with two tone for a while unless I persuade my friends father to buy me a rifle as he has been skirmishing for a while and looking at his armoury I am pretty sure he has a UKARA. Anyway that really helps! Thanks again Loki

Comment

Originally posted by ManicSamurai-AirsoftNoob View Post
        I persuade my friends father to buy me a rifle
        I'm fairly sure that's illegal too - the only way an under 18 can receive any form of RIF/IF is if it is gifted. Giving your father's friend the money to buy it and he then gives it to you is an exchange, not a gift.

A gift would be he gave you a RIF out of the goodness of his heart, not because he owes you or because you gave him the money to do so.

Comment

Camp wraps......

Travel to game with bright orange gun
          Use camo wrap at game for tactical reasons
          Travel home with bright orange gun

No problems.

Comment

Do the UKARA rules claim exchanges are illegal?

Comment

UKARA do not make rules.

UKARA is nothing more than a database of approved players. That is it. They do not make law, rules or anything else. It is a database!!!!

The VCRA IS LAW..... And no, it says nothing about exchanges. Only purchase / sale.

Comment

Do the UKARA rules claim exchanges are illegal?

UKARA don't make any rules, they follow the law as laid out in the Violent Crimes Reduction Act 2006.

Purchasing something is the act of exchanging money for goods. You give your friend's dad money who in exchange gives you an RIF. Your friend's father will have broken the law in doing so. If you didn't give him the money then he wouldn't give you said RIF and thus is purchase. The only way to legally obtain an RIF underage with no defense is to have it no-strings-attached gifted IE a brithday or christmas (but not limited to).

Purchasing is an exchange.

Comment

just to add to that you doing any form of service even cutting his grass, washing his car even cleaning his shoes it is no longer a gift that is still a purchase, best thing to do is just put up with a two tone for now and learn how to play a black/tan/camo gun dose not make the player.

Comment

Of course it doesn't make the player however, £150 on a gun that is bright green isn't what I was hoping for to kick off my new hobby haha

Comment

Of course it doesn't make the player however, £150 on a gun that is bright green isn't what I was hoping for to kick off my new hobby haha

We all have to start somewhere. It may seem like we're being incredibly anal about the law but we're just trying our best to protect the sport. Educating everyone involved is the best method of protection. This means that us skirmishers can't be held responsible for the acts of under age chavs committing armed robbery as we stay faithful to the VRCA.

I myself have only ever had one two-tone gun, it was a springer XM8 that I bought to plink in the backyard. If people get annoyed about you using a two-tone gun then they're just bad people. I see two-tones all the time at my regular site and it doesn't ruin any "immersion", we're playing a game, there is no "real war".

What you can do is give your friend's father the money to buy the gun and he then keeps the gun, only letting you use it at skirmishes (technically the money you give to him is a gift as you receive nothing). As long as it returns to his possession then there shouldn't be a problem. However this means he would need to transport it to and from the skirmish. Once you turn 18 and have a defense he can give it to you permanently.

Comment

Thanks RedHawk.
                        I may have to do that, even if it was two tone it might be staying there due to him having a workshop and I am borrowing a lot of his and his son's gear and transport would be with them anyway . But two tone or not it isn't going to stop me at least trying to do air soft at Ground Zero. I think I am a lot clearer on the laws and how it ties in.
                        Thanks all
                        -Liam

P.S. I hate chavs!! Haha

Comment

if you are that bothered, rent from the site (zero repair bills and guarenteed working gun for games)

or

borrow a gun from your dads mate when he goes, and if something breaks, you pay to fix it...., and in two years, once you have a defense and are over 18 and no you want to do the hobby, you then either buy that gun from him, or go and buy your own
                          Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Originally posted by bob86 View Post
                            if you are that bothered, rent from the site (zero repair bills and guarenteed working gun for games)

or

borrow a gun from your dads mate when he goes, and if something breaks, you pay to fix it...., and in two years, once you have a defense and are over 18 and no you want to do the hobby, you then either buy that gun from him, or go and buy your own
                            I can cope with a two tone gun, I just want to play in the end result and borrowing a gun was my original intention to start but I had some money to buy my own. I can do a 180 on that if need be.

Comment

Have you been before or is this going to be your first time? I'd recommend borrowing or hiring if you can before you purchase anything, as it may not be what you expected.

If you have then like others have said you could borrow a gun or buy a two tone and sell it once you are 18 and have a defence.
                              For Sale
                              Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ManicSamurai-AirsoftNoob A beginner in the airsofting world and looking for a starter gun, G&G or Classic Army is looking to be my best bet. Going to be roaming the forums for answers to my questions, if not I Will ask haha Find out more about ManicSamurai-AirsoftNoob
                              Working...
                              X