Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Army Current MTP PCS Smock

Saw a vid on this but can't find now.
    Does anybody know the correct way to fold a wired hood back onto the collar of the current mtp pcs gen2 smock.
    sigpic
    "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Re: British Army Current MTP PCS Smock

Not to revive an old thread, but the current "vogue" amongst squaddies is to cut off the wired bit at the seams and let the hood sit unrolled flush against the smock.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cut the wire out of it, otherwise the hood doesn't move with your head and you get a face full of hood. Flatten the hood out down the back of the smock, tuck in the edges of the hood and roll from the "surf point" toward you. The tie of point I've always found too long so a simple thumb knot shortens it to enough to keep the hood secure. I loathe the unrolled look. It just looks scruffy IMHO!

Comment

First thing I did with mine was remove the wire, but I always had it unrolled, scruffy or not, I found it comfy..

Comment

The best way I've found to roll it is to stand on the bottom edge of the jacket, holding the hood. Fold the right angled bits of wire in, and then roll the hood downwards, keeping it tight. Then loop the cord over the button, and push the toggles into the rolled bit so they're neatly out of the way.

Comment

Most of the time people cut the wire section out, its about a 1" strip up to the seam then just either lay this hood flat against the back of your neck like a regular hoodie would sit or twist it up and tie to the button on your back.

Your choice really, both are how they are worn

Comment

We normally either cut the wire bit off as others have said or roll it up tight and never use it.

Serving royal engineer

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Viper Scout Find out more about Viper Scout
              Working...
              X