VFC MP7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VFC MP7

Ok so I have read through this thread and taken in all the pros and cons.
    I have the MP7A1 version I took it to GZW yesterday ran it on Abbey Ultra gas with Madbull precision .25 BBs and it performed great, good range managed to get a mag and a half from one fill of gas and although the magazines did cool down noticeably Performance was still good.
    I suppose it is just personal preference, I am a little concerned about the plastic internals but they seem to be holding up, time will tell.
    Just my 2 cents worth.
    sigpic

Comment

Stripped (completely) cleaned and rebuilt, and it was soooooo much easier than I thought it would be.

Interesting choice of hop rubber from VFC there.

Comment

How are the internals holding up?

Sent from a phone because I cba to fire up my poota.
        - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Perfectly fine bud, not even the slightest hint of wear with the exception of a little paint removal on the hammer.

Comment

How about the performance? The internet is rife with negativity over this thing.

Comment

Performance overall is great too.
              Its hop and accuracy are a little bit meh, despite the VSR type hop rubber but that's never been a strong suit of VFC in my experience, and now I am confident to strip it to its guts I can rectify that as soon as I have some spare cash.
              On the gas consumption side of things it will easily run two mags plus of BBs to a single fill of propane, that's with a tweaked upgraded (heavier) recoil spring and in 20-25 degree temps.
              How it will fare in colder weather only time will tell, but if the new recoil spring has an adverse affect as the temp cools I can always swap it for the original.

I think the negativity was due to a shoddy first batch, the few people I've seen both on here and on Arnies that have taken the plunge and brought one have been just as impressed by it as I am with it.

Comment

For those of us that own one and love everything about it bar the plastic inner frame, feast your eyes on this.

Ready Fighter metal (probably pot metal) inner frame for the VFC MP7 :D

Comment

If a certain retailer and Wikipedia are to be believed, the weight of this thing is not far off that of the RS. It will no doubt be helped on its way by that metal frame though.

I would at least give this thing a try if I were in the market, I know I'm probably being anal but the KWA and TM put me off for their scaling inaccuracy.

Comment

Bit late to the party, but would you know what kind of filler valve the mag uses?
                    Got mine coming next month, and already planning to tap a mag to HPA.

Comment

• Re: VFC MP7

Some serious thread necroing going on here

Comment

If the VFC is larger (1:1) than the TM do you think they've made room for internals that aren't made of cheese like most VFC?
                        the horror... the horror... (of the amount spent on airsoft)

Comment

In a word, no.

Plastic inner frame and bolt guides. Alloy upgrades are available (if you can really call airsoft alloy an 'upgrade').

The WE is metal from stock and still 1:1 scale, FYI.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tisane Find out more about tisane
                          Working...
                          X