Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Is it illegal for an under 18 to ATTEMPT to purchase a RIF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it illegal for an under 18 to ATTEMPT to purchase a RIF?

Hahahahaha..... My bad boys..... Rush typing in between cooking.

I did mean sell. I had typed "buy" above it and therefore cocked up!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
      Hahahahaha..... My bad boys..... Rush typing in between cooking.

I did mean sell. I had typed "buy" above it and therefore cocked up!!!!!!!!
      We knew you knew really!
      102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Bloody hell things are negative on these forums. :p it's really quite depressing.
        J

Comment

Originally posted by jakeas View Post
          Bloody hell things are negative on these forums. :p it's really quite depressing.
          J
          You've not had to witness what everyone else has.

Comment

J
            Not negative, just realistic. And I'm sure many would say the same when I say that there is nothing wrong with our current system! I know you want to be able to purchase RIFs, but just be patient and wait until your 18. It's worth the wait!

Comment

J
              I'm also not trying to sound negative (it just so happens that I always do!). In fact, I sort of agree with you. Unlike Coski and some others I don't think there's "nothing wrong with our current system" - I think it's a bloody mess!

The problem is that the law is badly conceived and written and has therefore led to misconceptions and perpetually repeated falsehoods. If I ran a thread on here with a yes/no poll for the question: "I'm over 18, do I need a defence to buy a RIF?" I guarantee that the vast vast majority of people would say 'yes,' when the answer is actually 'no.'

If I ran another poll saying: "my friend is over 18 and I'm taking him to his first airsoft game this weekend, can I legally sell him a RIF before we go?" Everyone would say a big 'no!' when the answer is actually 'yes.'

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

First of all the system is not all correct and I already have RIFs, legally. Im just being open minded. Try and think how this could benefit the system in other ways coski. I know it won't happen but there are other methods then your golden system. Sheesh.
                J

Comment

Longshot is correct about the current law. It is certainly a mess, poorly defined and very easily circumvented. More so it is very vague with regards to airsoft in the fact its isn't mentioned at all.
                  Upcoming Games:
                  None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                  Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

First of all the system is not all correct and I already have RIFs, legally. Im just being open minded. Try and think how this could benefit the system in other ways coski. I know it won't happen but there are other methods then your golden system. Sheesh.
                    J
                    It wasn't Coski who developed the system currently in place?

Sad fact of the matter is; the VCRA was a hurried piece of legislation to satisfy societies desires at the time. You say it would "Never happen" that airsoft and reenactment would be binned? How naive you must be Jakeas, as it came closer than you're ever likely to know. It was only saved by a committed few having protracted discussions with Whitehall top brass. Getting rebuffed for almost every proposal put forward. You (and the rest of us) owe a great deal of thanks to those who gave up time, money and effort in a bid to protect the sport we enjoy.

May I ask how, as an under 18 player, you obtained your RIFs legally?
                    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

J
                      There's no need to be arsey and immature. In case you didn't realise I wasn't attacking you.

What I'm saying is that the law shouldn't be rewritten to accommodate under 18s, as frankly it would be irresponsible. And it is much more likely that the government would just make RIFs illegal and have everyone use two tones like in countries such as Canada.

Comment

Damn you and your golden system Coski!

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
                          Damn you and your golden system Coski!
                          Matches his balls apparently?
                          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Seen a few Nuggets on the Boards recently if that helps?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Longshot Find out more about Longshot
                            Working...
                            X