Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Indoor Training Facility...what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indoor Training Facility...what do you think?

Originally posted by 1st commando View Post
    One tip for you , don't let Loki make the tea . He is a bit Jewish with the milk and sugar
    That is TEA.

What you drink is hot milk with enough sugar to stand the spoon up!

Comment

Cheers guys!

Rest assured I'm taking all that's been said on-board.

Many thanks so far!

Comment

You say working firearms in the US when you were 20, but have you any operational experience with firearms and what qualifications or experience do you have to teach tactical skills to people, or will your tactical instructors all have the relevant experience? You don't need to post that here, but that is what I would be asking if looking at training with you guys. You say that the people you work with are ex SF, etc, etc, but are they people you work with on jobs, for example I work with all those types of people too on security tasks, or are these people that you will have working for you on the course as fellow instructors etc. I'd also want to know what firearms and tactical experience every instructor had. And that's not just from an airsofter point of view as I too work in the private security industry. Having one ex 22 Reg CRW instructor and the rest of the instructors are all ex nothings, is no good and people will want to know this, if you see what I mean.

The cost is way too much. £100 for 4 hours of training isn't going to get many airsofters involved in my opinion. Especially considering that 4 hours is fvck all time for tactical training, you can spend that much time, and more just, getting everyone in place on dry runs for room entry. As someone has already said, Stirling run a whole day for £35 and that's the sort of thing you'll be competing against.

Good luck with it though. If you get it going I'll certainly be interested in popping along for a look at the facilities from both an airsofter and a security operator point of view.

Comment

The guys only gauging interest chaps. So at this point just presume it's all as he says it is, ran by people who are capable to, at the standard he has described.

And the price isn't bad at all depending on what you come away with. There would be a ridiculous amount of hard'ons achieved countrywide if Chris Costa was offering the same thing, and highly doubt anyone would question the price if it was double this.
          “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Originally posted by dannyeprice23 View Post
            The guys only gauging interest chaps. So at this point just presume it's all as he says it is, ran by people who are capable to, at the standard he has described.

And the price isn't bad at all depending on what you come away with. There would be a ridiculous amount of hard'ons achieved countrywide if Chris Costa was offering the same thing, and highly doubt anyone would question the price if it was double this.
            How can you guage interest without disclosing details?! I'll give an example;

You: High I'm running a tactical carbine course who's interested.
            Me: What background, skills etc do you have?
            You: No need to disclose that I'm just gauging interest.
            Me: Ok then, I'm not interested.

Not to mention the guy has already stated "Cheers guys! Rest assured I'm taking all that's been said on-board. Many thanks so far!"

There's a key point in your statement there on the cost "And the price isn't bad at all depending on what you come away with". How can we comment on the cost if we don't ask questions on what we will come away with? And whether or not Chris Costa would generate more interest is irrelevant because he's not running this and everyone already knows his background.

Comment

My point has been missed.

Good luck with the venture. If it gets up and running I will take a look.

And instead of your operational CV, just a breakdown of what would theoretically at this point be covered in the course would be handy, as I've attended a few courses over the years. I would happily pay £100 for 4 hours if it covered a variety of things I may find useful. However 4 hours of how a 4 man team can enter a room isn't quite as enticing. Certificates showing you are now a qualified instructor would need to be available for viewing also.

A brief background whilst introducing yourself on the day is highly recommended.
              “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

i knew i should have binned the first necropost. (well 3 months)

the OP hasnt been on here since he posted the last reply, so he is either still going about setting this up or has given up.
                Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

I have a test day at an indoor facitlity this weekend with a view to running airsoft there. One of the owners works in close protection and has friends in the military. They can offer a day indoors with tactics, fitness, drills etc. No where near this guys prices.
                  I will know more after the weekend to see if the place is a viable option for airsoft.

Comment

Can not knock it for airsoft, but for professional training and keeping up then I still prefer going over to europe or usa and training with live rounds or simunition in professional built environments.

Training with raps or airsoft professionally all good but gives you false sence of security, I could go on but for those who work within CP know what im talking about and typing on my tablet is a pain in the arse.

Personally I dont think there is a market for airsoft let alone those who do this for a living for what your offering but good luck you can only try.
                    Trader Feedback

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=39650

Comment

Danny, operational cv is highly valid. I could watch all the magpul dvd's, adapt it a bit for airsoft and set myself up. I could say I have been in the army for 22 years but if that was I the AGC shuffling paperwork or reme fixing vehicles, it isn't quite the same 22 years as if I had been in the infantry.
                      Given, as has been said, this guy seems to have dropped off, all sounds a bit Walt/fantasist to me.
                      sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

T1F In the process of putting together a dedicated force-on-force training facility Find out more about T1F
                      Working...
                      X