Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Buying a RIF but have no ukara number (been playing regularly though)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a RIF but have no ukara number (been playing regularly though)

Hi all,
    long time lurker and now need some help with a quick question!
    I have been playing on Saturday's regularly at an airsoft site since oct/nov 2013 but I have no ukara number. The site manager is unsure of the ukara situation and is awaiting an outcome from the powers that be!
    Now, i don't mind this as i have a nice two toner, but i am now looking at another rifle and would prefer this one in all black. I have seen the faq section and this bit is what i need clarification on:

Q: But I want a realistic one. How do I get one?
    A: By proving that you are a regular Airsoft player. This can be done in a number of ways. UKARA registration is the easiest, but this is a system set up by the retailers to protect themselves and is not a legal requirement. Basically, you need to convince the person selling the gun that you qualify as a regular player. How you do this is between you and them, but examples of acceptable checks would be (for example) knowing the other person through playing at the same sites, a phone call to your regular site confirming that you are a player there, confirming via other players (whom the seller feels that they can trust) that you are a regular player. Some form of playing diary, or logbook, stamped by sites when you play there would also be acceptable.

Could i contact the relevant airsoft website and inform them of my situation? and pass on a contact number for the site manager to clarify that i play there?
    I just feel a bit cheeky doing this but if it is valid, i will give it a try.
    I know i've probably answered my own question- i'm wondering has anyone done this?
    best regards,
    Steve.

Re: Buying a RIF but have no ukara number (been playing regularly though)

That should be fine mate, if you have played regularly, and it is a valid site, you are a skirmisher. If any retailer doesn't accept that go to a better shop.
    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

exactly what big Al said, most UK based retailers are happy to do this (a few refuse but thats their choice) and are happy to do this as its a legal sale for them and money in their till. evne some of the bigger overseas retailers will do it (but they may charge a small fee - which given the cost of an overseas call and their time seems fair). ive had to do the same since i moved house and havent been able to get back to my registered site to renew or bothered to renew through a new local one
      hope you get what you want

Millest's Mediocre Meanderings
      Millest's Ebay

Comment

Good luck mate the above two posts sound spot on.

Comment

Wow, thanks for the quick replies.
          I'll give it a go and hopefully i can get the gun in all black
          regards,
          Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by millest View Post
            evne some of the bigger overseas retailers will do it (but they may charge a small fee - which given the cost of an overseas call and their time seems fair
            Why would an overseas retailer need to, they are not in the UK so the VCRA does not apply to them.
            The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

that's what i used to do and most sellers accept that. but a ukara is the best and easiest method

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                Why would an overseas retailer need to, they are not in the UK so the VCRA does not apply to them.
                on the two items i ordered they put a note on the shipping docket saying VCRA defence checked and included a note inside saying the same, this was all for customs rather then them proving things for themselves. personally i was very impressed with them for that.

Millest's Ebay

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                  The item is being sent into the UK and thus requires to abide by the laws that will affect it in transit would be my answer.

They could just not bother and send it anyway, not sure how much power the VCRA would have behind it to prosecute a retailer outside the UK but nice to see the retailer try.

Anyway to the OP given that I haven't had UKARA since early 2012 but I can prove that I am a skirmisher at a site on a regular basis I don't have an issue. Some sites put down a blunt 'no UKARA, no sale' but hey that is their narrow minded rules and you will just have to expect that from some of them. It is up to them whether they think your defence is good enough so if you give what you think is full proof and they still say no just go somewhere else, I know I do.

'FireKnife'
                  68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                  Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

The overseas retailers do not need to at all . However they are showing due diligence and avoiding having to deal with an angry customer who is trying to import and possibly have to face problems with the buyer trying to get their money back .

Overseas retailers are not subject to our laws but the responsible ones do tend to want to avoid problems for themselves

Comment

as 1st commando and fireknife say its due diligence and stops an annoyed customer whinging, the fact they do this whjen they have no need is another reason i will be buying from them in the future, though they dont stock my next big purchase so thats back to blighty, and of course the need to convince people that i have a valid defence despite not having ukara as not many places stock what im after and most are the ukara fan boys.

to the OP good luck and i hope you get your shiny new toys

Millest's Ebay

Comment

As long as your regular site has liability insurance to conform to the vcra requirements I can see no problems in proving your defence to a retailer . As long as your site is happy to vouch for you that is ..

Comment

Okay, so we established there are ways to avoid UKARA, but just because we can does that mean we should?

Ukara, in my opinon is one of many things that keeps our game going, its a pain in the arse, its possibly a form of price fixing by the big retailers etc etc, but that said. the alternatives are not pleasant
                          -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
                          -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Ukara is not a legal requirement . So in my opinion as long as you are fulfilling the vcra requirements and are a regular skirmisher with proof of your status I see no problem whatsoever .

Comment

+1 to stealthkillers comment.

the_monkey, its not avoidence of anything mandatory so its just using your brains to organise your own defence, something all players should be able to do no problems, im unsure as to what these unpleasant alternatives you refer to are though.

Millest's Ebay

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Muzzler Find out more about Muzzler
                              Working...
                              X