WE gen 3 glock 17- yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE gen 3 glock 17- yay or nay?

As the title suggests, are these good and reliable, or just plain rubbish?

Re: WE gen 3 glock 17- yay or nay?

Personal experience with my we g18 is they are good. V happy with it. Had an asg g17, sold that and kept the we. Haven't tried the co2 mag or the new lightweight mag though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

My eldest has a WE gen 3 G17; apart form the relative ease with which it sheds paint (but heck, that only makes it look like most RS pistols that I have used), it has proved to be robust and reliable and has passed the Kalashnikov test of still functioning after being accidentally dipped in deep mud.

However, I am sure that the WE-haters/TM-Fanbois will soon be piling in to tell you how awful the WE Glock is and how great the TM version is.

Comment

I never had any issues with mine, much better that we 1911
        The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

a bit of info you may not have known, as i have come to realise that many do not....is as its a clone of the TM, it is also wider than RS. So it will be very tight in some holsters, and others just simply too large to fit at all.
          “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Would say it being a copy of the tm is a bonus my self yes the tm and WE are wider than RS but the aftermarket support for the TM is a large + for the WE
            Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
              Would say it being a copy of the tm is a bonus my self yes the tm and WE are wider than RS but the aftermarket support for the TM is a large + for the WE
              Sadly, my WE 18, which I think is great, has had a bit of an internal blow out, so to speak, do TM parts all fit? Or, alternatively, the We ones just as easy to get hold of these days?
              "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

stock WE parts are very easy to get, if its just a single part like the hammer just get a AM tm part
                Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

No, do not believe the false prophecies of WE. You may get a brilliant pistol or you may get an absolute lemon the QC is still shit. The paint comes off within weeks, and tolerances between TM and WE pistols, while close are enough that some spares fit, some dont. The metal internals are poorly machined with flash and tool marks all over it.

Save yourself the bother, spend £117 on a TM rather than £99 on a WE and you will have a far more fun time. TM is both more consitent and more accurate with better range, Alternatively consider a KWA they are pretty much on a par with TM stuff 99% of the time and have the same consistent and reliable quality control of TM
                  -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
                  -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

I think it's been covered pretty well on this thread, buying a WE really is a bit of a lottery. Some perform flawlessly, some are absolute lemons. Tolerances are very slack, buy with caution.
                    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

i don't really rate KWA as a brand , and WE parts are not 100% compatable with TM stuff i.e the outer barrels are different.
                      but i paid less than £80 for my We Glock and yes they can be a gamble.
                      I agree if you have the cash get a TM otherwise WE are not that bad + i like the wear on the metal,make it look loved.

But if you can Try before you buy.
                      The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomdrews Find out more about tomdrews
                      Working...
                      X