Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Luther!

http://airsoftoperator.com/project-luther/

Seems quite interesting. It seems they basically want to modernise UKARA-I wonder if it will stick!

Anyone heard of or know any more about it?
    "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Re: Project Luther!

This is the first I've heard of it, but I'm completely open to the idea of this new updated system. Plus it will save all the fuss and paperwork involved in actually proving where you regularly skirmish.

Comment

Big thread on a Facebook group about it right now, somewhere in the region of 400 comments.
      sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Hmm?

As opposed to the "UKAR" that is mentioned, I'd prefer something with a ring to it. An acronym that is easily remembered. Something like;

"British Airsoft Mandatory Form" or similar, so all players have to register using that form.

There's another operation in the process of being set up to compete with UKARA. The guy involved in it is a toad though and gets 99% of airsofters backs up.
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I'll stick with SWAT's PASS, I've used it to buy and import RIFs for a while and never had issues. I don't see much point in registering for another defence method that sounds just as shart as UKARA.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post
            I'll stick with SWAT's PASS, I've used it to buy and import RIFs for a while and never had issues. I don't see much point in registering for another defence method that sounds just as shart as UKARA.
            Yup, same here. Though the thought of this "B.A.M.F" registration someone mentioned above intrigues me?
            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post
              Problem with the PASS system is you've got to attend SWAT's sites.
              great for those of you in the right area, but the rest of us are stuck with UKARA, unless someone can come up with another alternative that both works properly, and is accepted by the sites and retailers.
              Not actually a builder
              Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by bobthebuilder View Post
                Problem with the PASS system is you've got to attend SWAT's sites.
                If I didn't have PASS, I'd simply write down each time I attended a site and then made the site(s) I regularly played at aware that I am purchasing/importing a RIF so to expect a call from the retailer or customs.
                It's free and you don't have to deal with the BS of UKARA. Granted, it does take longer to verify you as a skirmisher but personally it's worth it.

PASS essentially does the same thing, albeit being specific to SWAT sites.

Comment

I really like the idea of just scanning a bracelet thing and not having to fill out a form! Saves paper too. As for the £5 a year fee- sounds very nice, transparent and communal with competitions, free game days etc. BUT in practice.....

And just to be Frank, i hate the idea of someone setting up a secret version of a "defense" to compete with UKARA and keeping it a secret from the people that matter, as well as a well know magazine that chops and changes as it wishes to cover the trail.

So fairplay to Project Luther for being so open and asking peoples opinions on the matter.
                  "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

Originally posted by thetrooper88 View Post
                    I really like the idea of just scanning a bracelet thing and not having to fill out a form!.
                    The braclet strikes me as a bit dumb as well. I can't see them having something that will stand up to regular airsofting, so you end up taking it off before game on anyway. At that point, why not make it a card?
                    Not actually a builder
                    Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by bobthebuilder View Post
                      The braclet strikes me as a bit dumb as well. I can't see them having something that will stand up to regular airsofting, so you end up taking it off before game on anyway. At that point, why not make it a card?
                      Good point-but not so dumb as plenty of blokes always wear bracelets that support causes.

Card, Bracelet, tattooed bar code- Change is good. It's just because i'm lazy- technology is inevitably moving us away from paper based solutions and if a quick scan of a bracelet can register my attendance at any site and automatically fill in any stuff and sign a disclaimer- then great.

By the way- it looks like they send you an encoded card with the bracelet anyway.

Comment

or surely you just attach said bracelet to your kit and scan your kit as you enter the day and it won't get damaged etc.
                        UKARA needs some kind of update anyway

Comment

I was just reading about this on another Airsoft Forum in the UK and it seems that some of those guys are the ones looking into doing Project Luther. Players helping players out with an alternative seems to be a good idea and they have listened to the bracelet suggestions and can put the barcode onto a card or something else.

Comment

What about the Confirmed Regular Airsoft Player system?
                            h e y d r i c h
                            L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Never heard of it- and neither has Google. Unless that is basically UKARA- What is it mate?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

thebolshevik88 A truly terrible James Bond. Find out more about thebolshevik88
                              Working...
                              X