Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tippmann, Airsoft M4

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post
    Sorry, spat my coffee on the computer when you said this could compete with Polar Star... Nope.

Performance wise, the Fusion Engine has it completely nailed. The full customisability means you can pin point every single section of the feeding and shooting. Things like poppet dwell are very useful, however it's much harder to do this with a mechanical trigger unit.

I'll stick with Daytona and Polar Star personally. Though, it is nice to see more HPA options on the market. But when you own a the equivalent of a Ferrari and someone offers you a Rover, you would laugh too.

Just my 2 cents.
    i feel this system is a fairly cheap entry into the HPA based gun world and will force P* to push forward on the cheaper units they have been talking about for ages.

Comment

i like the look of it as a gbb, not as a line fed gun. i really dislike line fed guns personally.

the rof and pressure settings are a very good idea, but we'll just have to wait and see i guess
      Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
        Oh I dont know. A rovers certainly more practical than a Ferrari, and parts are easy to get hold of.
        Perhaps a car metaphor was far too complex. Basically, Fusion Engine > blow pipe > Tippman weird thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post
          Perhaps a car metaphor was far too complex. Basically, Fusion Engine < hand thrown < blow pipe < Tippmann Machine of Awesome.
          Corrected that for you

Fusion engine is too expensive and for no valid reason, not to mention the somewhat sketchy failure rate. Tippmann have been around for longer than most (if not all) airsoft manufacturers, and they are basing this off their thoroughly tried and tested system that has existed for a decade and a half (more than 5 times as long as P*), which rarely fails.

Just to continue with the car metaphors, no one uses a Ferrari as an everyday car, as they are not reliable enough, parts are ridiculously expensive and insanely difficult to obtain, all things which don't cause any affliction to say, a Rover.
          Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
            Did he say it has an 8-sided picatinny rail system..?

Yes he did, notice screw holes between the already mounted rails to allow ,mounting of other rails.
            The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Lots of Rover loving going down, though I did lol slightly about parts availability.

This is the same Rover that when bump nine years ago, right?
              - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Sat in a bar with the MD in Germany. Will see what they have to add...

Comment

With any luck we will have one of the first in the country to review and play with, looking at April / May

Comment

Wow, the Polar* brigade obviously feel threatened

To be honest, I'm not sure why Daytona guns even get a mention in this debate, they're hardly more than hobby made rifles that are near impossible to get hold of anywhere outside the US, and even there you seem to need lottery winning luck to take ownership.

I remember when Salomon entered the snowboard market, back when there was a huge divide between snowboarders and skiers. Everyone thought that Salomon were simply jumping on the popular bandwagon, and would be sure to pump out money grabbing rubbish that couldn't compare to the diehard snowboard companies like Burton or Libtech......fast forward a couple of years and Salomon make some of the most sought after boards money can buy......turns out all their years involved in winter sports and ski manufacture stood them in excellent stead to produce extremely good snowboards.....who'd a' thought it?!?!

Comment

80 rounds per magazine.
                      1 CO2 capsule per magazine.

Comment

80 round mags? Before I heard that I was sure I was going down the rig root but if it can consistently empty an 80 rond mag on 1 bulb then

- - - Updated - - -

Ill stick wih the mags

Comment

although it's high kudos to use low cap mag's it will limit the market and keep the volume low/price high , i hate gas lines , it could be the best gun in the world performance wise but put a gas line on it and you'v lost me totally and changing gas capsules with each mag if a faff , carrying enough gas bulb's into the field will be annoying plus leave loads of crap to throw away , one of the best thing's about airsoft is the simplicity of the systems , either carry a gas can or spare battery and BB's and you'r set, but a pocket full of gas bulbs to try and fumble into mag's while you hide behind a tree under a hail of fire from hi/cap hero's is a non starter for me , why they can't have a decent size Co2 cylinder in the stock is just beyond me ,surely that's a better idea than a pipe or one mag one bulb ? otherwise it seems good.

Comment

it won't be that much faff, you drop the bulbs in when you load the mag that takes 80 rounds which is a midcap. The mags apparently cost £15 a pop which is awesome and once you have used 80 rounds i doubt there is much gas left in the bulb anyway. The hpa line is just added extra for me.

i run my CO2 glock 18c and can get 5 mags a bulb even when cold, i find it much less of a faff carrying 2 extra tiny co2 bulbs and my valve hex to release the bulb then a can of greengas

Comment

Do we know if it's GBB or NBB? I would imagine the former, given that it has a bolt?

Comment

Yes it's GBB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MrEMan Find out more about MrEMan
                                Working...
                                X