Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Voodoo Tactical Kit. Picture heavy. Reloaded.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo Tactical Kit. Picture heavy. Reloaded.

Hello guys and girls.

I recently purchased several Voodoo Tactical items and thought I would chuck up a review of them.

So firstly, who are Voodoo Tactical?

Website quote: "Voodoo Tactical is a company that designs, manufactures and distributes tactical equipment for military, police, medical personnel and fire fighters.

Voodoo Tactical equipment is also well known in outdoor activities, that is why we also manufacture our items in non-camouflage colours. For medical personnel and instructors we make essential products they need also in red colours.

Our tactical equipment is known by high quality and low price.
    "

Ok so the three main items I bought were:

40" Multi-Weapon Discreet case

Enlarged Level III Assault Pack

Lightweight Tactical Plate Carrier

40" Multi-Weapon Discreet case

So on to the case. I've had my old Viper gun bag that most of us start with for almost 10 years now. It's a good little bag but lacks space and with the increased amount of gun's I now have it just wasn't up to the job.

The shop had a few to choose from but the fact I can get 4 weapons in to one bag won the initial battle for my attention. My ideal plan is to be able to seat my M4 Katana, M4 Sopmod Recoil, TM M870, Vector and a VSR(The latter is 44" long however at an angle fits in the main section).

One of the sides has an entire length of Molle for additional pouches to be fitted on to. I like that I have the freedom to adapt the bag when I see fit and with whatever I would like. So that's a plus straight away. Each section is also padded.

The external zips are all large heavy duty ones, all with fabric toggles for ease. There are two straps which surround the bag both with large clips. A carry handle and a padded shoulder strap.

So the first subsection has two large Velcro pockets and a small zipped pockets.

I had the Vector sat inside using the pockets to keep it in place. Worked very well. Easily fit an M4 or normal length rifle in. It would also make a great spot to house pistols. Depending on what they are you are looking at 3 per pocket easily.

The other subsection is impressively kitted out.

As you can see one side has Velcro straps to hold a gun in nice and secure. The other side has 6 magazine pouches capable of taking 5.56mm magazines and one large zipped pocket. Which I haven't found any use for as of yet. Can fit quite a lot so I'm considering battery boxes, fore grips etc.

The main section.

As you can imagine this being the largest section can hold two guns spooning each other while secured by the large straps and a few shell loops. The opposite side has two massive pouches. Both large enough to inhabit an MP5K with space left over.
    In summary this is an extremely high quality bag. Suitable for almost every gun with plenty of extra space to carry your additional items. Absolutely no downsides and I look forward to another 10+ years of softing with this bag looking after my kit. Price: £99.95

Enlarged Level III Assault Pack

There are plenty of bags to choose throughout Airsoft and the real world kit. This bag falls under the latter. Voodoo is primarily made for Military, Police and operators alike and having spent time in Afghanistan, Oman and various other places in the Middle East, I picked this bag up with the hope someone would appear with a time machine for me to send it back to my past self replacing the numerous bags I had.
    These days my sandy days are long since gone and my feet rarely leave the UK. So this bag is aimed at softing and general use.

Like with the rifle bag there was plenty of choice available for me to delve into and have a play. I have a 5.11 Moab 6 bag I use for work. It's a single strap square bag. Less than a year on and it's showing wear. So straight away this was in my mind for something with a little more space and something to take the strain of the intended uses.

As with the rifle bag there is additional Molle on the off chance you wish to add more to the front of the bag, including side loops and heavy duty zips.

I'll do my best to go down layer by layer of the bag there's a lot of pockets and space to cover.

The top layer has one small pocket roughly the same size as a glasses case with a bit of breathing room. The next one down is much larger and is intended as a admin area. With 3 pen slots, passport size slot and a map one behind them.

The next layer is a large open section which reaches to the bottom of the bag, it has two mesh pockets and a larger one behind them much like the admin ones from the previous layer.

The main layer as you would expect has two large zipped mesh pockets for loose items, maps etc. Another admin zone with an ID card slot and more zipped pouches. They are a little out of place personally, considering I will have this section lumbered with various kit but this is where operator and Joe Public crossover as I can see the merit of having them there.

I had 3 changes of clothing a 1.25l sized bottle of bb's and a few other bits and pieces shoved in there to give it a quick test. As I'm not a midget or size zero this was really impressive as my usual Oakley backpack can't hold that much.

There is also a large zipped pocket at the top. Now this has the ability to take a bladder system. Which can be fed through a secret little hole under the grab handle I found while writing the above paragraph!

There are 3 main support straps. shoulder straps and a waist strap (not pictured as I removed it for something else which I will come to). They are nicely padded and feel deadly secure. One thing I particularly like is the angle in which they come down. The angle reduces rubbing of any sort to the neck area and prevents them rising up while bending or moving about. The back padding is a godsend and very comfy. Behind that are two long flat hidden pouches. Map / file item would only fit in them.

The cherry on top of the cake is the adjustable straps. This can take the bag from being small to huge and keeping stability with such grace. I have a fair few trips this year, apart from normal use I have IWA, War & Peace and other shows etc, I will be using this as much as I can.

The removed belt part.

This is effectively a Molle belt. Which for when it's not on the bag I intend to add a pistol mag pouch or two among a few others on lighter games / when I'm marshalling to carry the first aid kit etc. It's not the intended use but it is extremely handy.

In summary I can't wait to get out and get using it to its full extent. The options for each layer, the adjustable straps and the Tardis like space are big winners. Price: £89.95

Lightweight Tactical Plate Carrier

I've never had a set load out so for me it's all down to efficiency and most importantly comfortable. I have full size Warrior vest which is very weighty even when empty and sometimes just too cumbersome for me to crawl around and move quickly. My other issue was shouldering a weapon. For me it wasn't happening with the vest.

As I said I don't have a specific load out or look that I go for so the vest is set up like this:

The pouches are also voodoo but bought previously except the side one hence the different colour.

As you can see I've gone for a simply set up. 2x duel M4 pouches, 1x duel pistol mag pouch, dump pouch and a small trauma kit pouch used for BFG's. For me that's job done and even when fully loaded it's still lighter than the Warrior vest.

Ok so the vest itself. Externally brilliant. Again like the other items it's build quality I am most impressed with. In my experience light weight carriers feel flimsy and as strong as tissue paper, this wasn't the case. Even when holding it by one strap it doesn't lose shape or contort like a headphone wire.

It's nicely padded for comfort throughout the entire vest, which will of contributed to the above point. It has a strap a clip along with the Velcro pads to secure the vest around your body. I am 16st of airsofter, I'm a big lad so the adaptability came as a relief.

In summary, a great bit of kit which echo's my thoughts about the other voodoo items. Solid, light weight and very comfortable. £79.95

Overall I am over the BB shaped moon with my new kit. It all does exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for reading!

About the Author

Collapse

blytm Find out more about blytm
Working...
X