Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Own a company supplying tv and film production

Just a quick one.

I have my own company with the wholesale of other intermediate products and television programme production activities as my nature of business.

Typically this involves me sourcing props Etc for filmmakers to use at subsidised cost for their productions.

Am I right in saying that this is a valid dedence under the VCRA for the purchaee of RIF's up to and including blank firers and airsoft weapons that aren't two toned?

The reason I ask is I already have a stored collection of injection moulded replicas that I have hired out along with blanks firers purchase pre VCRA. I am gettig more requests for "machine guns" etc to which I want to meet the demand and thus would be looking to purchase airsoft weapons for this purpose.

TIA

Re: Own a company supplying tv and film production

Yes buddy.

If you look at the VCRA section 37 there is a specific defence for what you do, but it comes with its own conditions.

Section 37, 2, c

Comment

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure that I am operating right side up of the law before buying any Airsoft RIFs for this purpose

Comment

Not sure why you couldn't have found that information yourself......errr google etc.

I still think your going to need to prove that your a film or tv maker etc before being able to buy.......so your homework for today is find out what proof etc is needed.....I suggest using the internet or phoning a airsoft retailer......I will expect your report in no less than 100 words on my desk by end of school to moz. Lol :p
        KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

I can help with that too.

We expect at the very least a letter of intent on headed paper for the small independents (which we then use to google-foo their arse and check they credible) or a purchase order from the larger companies.

Remember, the VCRA still applies so the retailer must be satisfied and show due diligence that the purchaser has a defence. The onus is on the retailer to check credibility once proof of age has been established.

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
            I can help with that too.

We expect at the very least a letter of intent on headed paper for the small independents (which we then use to google-foo their arse and check they credible) or a purchase order from the larger companies.

Remember, the VCRA still applies so the retailer must be satisfied and show due diligence that the purchaser has a defence. The onus is on the retailer to check credibility once proof of age has been established.
            Yep. I was going to say that with any transaction it would be my intention to provide a full copy of company details as can be found with companies house, listing the nature of business etc along with a letter of intent stating the purchase type, date and intended use of the item to satisfy the VCRA. Other than doing that as a a company I can't think of much else to provide

Comment

That is pretty much it.

Just do me a small favour - in any production you do, please get somebody with firearms experience to be there. I am sure there is a lot of health and safety stuff to consider but that is not my concern......

Watching actors use firearms annoys the hell out of me if it is not done properly. A serving soldier will probably charge you a crate of beer or something similar to be your continuity / realism guy

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
                That is pretty much it.

Just do me a small favour - in any production you do, please get somebody with firearms experience to be there. I am sure there is a lot of health and safety stuff to consider but that is not my concern......

Watching actors use firearms annoys the hell out of me if it is not done properly. A serving soldier will probably charge you a crate of beer or something similar to be your continuity / realism guy
                Brother in law is just out of Army and I have a few mates who are ex-police firearms officers from my time in the police. I will definitely use their experience should I need to, however I don't get too much input in many
                productions with regards to the staging and action scenes. I am more the point of contact and supply for the required weapons they desire.

Comment

LOL I suggest that you should storyboard the scenes , show them to your mates and innocently say "Could you suggest anything better?"
                  But if it's them asking for the weaponry, and knowing how long films can take to get up and running, do everyone a favour and get them to start airsofting, and join re-enactment groups , could be fun for all and you'd have back-up defences too
                  sigpic.
                  Never underestimate the power of human stupidity......................................... ..
                  Especially mine.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cha$e Find out more about Cha$e
                  Working...
                  X