WE SCAR Bullpup CONVERSION O_o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE SCAR Bullpup CONVERSION O_o

Now I think we can all agree that the bullpup scar below isn't going to be winning any beauty pageants any time soon ... or ever. But what you sacrifice in looks you would easily make up in flexibility and functionality.

I plan to do things slightly differently as I really don't want to get into modifying all of the internals to move the bolt further back while separating the trigger assembly entirely by moving it in front of the mag.
    What I'm planning to do would be far simpler and comparable to the AKU-94 Bullpup AK Conversion:

But instead of getting rid of the original trigger I would simply keep it as I do like the SCAR with the stock extended. Technically it should be possible to remove this modification in about 10 mins to go back to the original scar configuration.

Fold stock:

BOOM! Bullpup!

The increased maneuverability is incredible and the felt weight of the SCAR is substantially reduced in in this configuration. There is also no need to get rid of the folding stock as this simply forms the new buttplate.

I'm just using the original grip from my scar to demonstrate the concept and although I will be building a custom attachment for the extra grip if I get this to work - for now I'm just trying to assemble a proof of concept with bits and bobs. So this is what I'm thinking:

RIS Pistol Grip:

Doner trigger from M203 launcher:

Now here's the all important question - Is there one among you fine gents(possibly ladies too) that will answer the call and donate their old busted M203 launcher? Only the trigger needs to function.

Alternatively I'm open to suggestions.

Re: WE SCAR Bullpup CONVERSION O_o

Buy an WE SCAR trigger, they are very cheap.

Comment

If you're referring to a trigger assembly the I had thought of that. However that includes a lot of parts and a bulky housing I don't need. Just need a trigger which preferably is in a rail - mountable state.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Also up to my eyeballs in work at the moment. This will perhaps be a summer project. To be honest though - I just got hold of a PDW to use with my HPA mag so debating if I really need this to be bulpup

Comment

What do you mean? So this forward trigger will be fake?

You can buy the trigger alone, just as is.

Comment

It depends if you want the ability to select between semi and full auto. I did a similar thing to an AK as a test to see if it could be done and how comfortable it was. I removed the switch assembly and rewired it to a micro switch that i moulded into a grip at the front. So on quick tap it was 1 shot and then hold for auto.

Comment

Should make it clear that this is a gas gun so the primary trigger must be linked to the secondary mechanically. I just want to use a trigger assembly which already attaches via RIS as a base for a proof of concept. Hence the RIS mountable pistol grip. I can then test it, iron out the kinks and then produce a custom scratch built front trigger assembly.
              Skippyasi - hadn't even thought of the fire selector as in most cases switching to bulpup mode will mean CQB which is single shot for all of the sites I play at. Certainly would be interested in trying to make that work though

Comment

Stargate- not sure if I'm getting you or if it's just me not being clear enough (probably me) I know you can buy trigger sets and the parts in them separately, I'm just looking for a trigger that is already attached to something that mounts directly to rails. Front and rear trigger will be fully functional to create has ba bastardised CQB/battle rifle mongrel.

Comment

Ah, my bad. Didnt realise it was GBBR. In that case, 2 bars that run from front trigger to rear. May not be pretty but...... And rifles like SA80 have selector almost under armpit so that wont be a problem

Comment

I'm hoping I'll be able to connect the front and rear trigger with a single thin steel plate. Will need a plate to cover it but will keep the addition slim hopefully only adding 3 mm to the left side

Comment

This shits back on

Comment

Will be using a laser cutter to mock up the design in slices of MDF, making it RIS mountable. This should allow me to replicate things like the mounting point for the pistol grip allowing anyone to just move their current grip or replace with an aftermarket version. Can then upgrade barrel to 500mm prometheus and hide the extension with a mock suppressor. Overall length should be about the same as standard scar.
                        Once design is finalised I think I'll be looking at having it cut out of aluminium for strength. Could make it available as a kit.

Comment

This is a really intredasting idea please follow it through. The final piece would be awesome. Hey if the piece is easily made maybe you could sell it ? Dunno if scar bullpup conversions are in high demand though
                          Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Just a quick update. Have the scar drawn up now so ready to start designing

Comment

First draft design. Haven't drawn up the angled foregrip accurately yet but this won't be far off the end result. Looks like the trigger link plate is going to have to be steel to handle the stress. May also have to recess them into either side of the mag well

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Polarblair Find out more about Polarblair
                              Working...
                              X