Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WE SCAR Bullpup CONVERSION O_o

Originally posted by airsoc View Post
    This is a really intredasting idea please follow it through. The final piece would be awesome. Hey if the piece is easily made maybe you could sell it ? Dunno if scar bullpup conversions are in high demand though
    I think demand could probably be measured in the single digits but it's for me anyway :D
    Have access to a laser cutter now so should be a few weeks away from a working prototpe.

Currently playing around with the possibility of making a resin mold. Then I could make multiples as I don't think I can afford the initial cost of having a few of these machined in aluminium with the intent to sell. Would be too expensive for most anyway. Could then design it in two halves that anyone could bolt onto their scar without modifying it.
    Need to learn how to make resin molds first.

Comment

Have figured out the travel on the trigger and the link plate I'll need. This setup uses all of the existing fixing points on the scar. I'll have to make the trigger section RIS mountable at the front with the back bolted straight through the RIS rail.

Now for the fun bit:
      The bold yellow section is the top of a Green gas mag. Alyan Airsoft was kind enought to send me the prototype he used to prove the concept in his youtube vid:

I'm hoping to retain the bolt stop function so I'll be running the airline forwards and down through the grip.o

I'm looking into using a similar system found in PTW's which simulate a realistic bolt stop function once the magazine runs dry. It does this with a sensor and a latch on the PTW magazines. The difference is that I'll need to turn this electrical signal into a mechanical output to manually operate the bolt stop. Some kind of micro servo mabe? Open to suggestions.

Comment

nuff said

Comment

Sneak peek of the HPA insert for the SCAR bullpup project:

Will need the catch position on the mag to be slightly altered for the TM recoil mag to work. Alternatively looking at changing the design to suit a Magpul ERG magazine. These can be converted from 30-60 round by flicking a switch, and still have a latch I can use to engage the bolt catch.

Next step is to have a prototype machined to see where the problems are.

Comment

Woa. Is this actually being done?! Because you sir. ARE A GENIUS! Seriously these look great, you could make this as a magwell insert for GBB M4's too. Thats what stopped me getting one, I would love to HPA it but would regret not having a working bolt catch. Great work!

I have a HPA rifle and it has a mechanical switch. What I am trying to do is actually very similar to your current problem with the bullpup. Instead of a mechanical link, I was thinking fishing line for my M4, I changed my mind.

I decided to go electric. So I have two thoughts for you. The first is more prototype theory, the second is just another option but may be too much of a hassle.

1) Is it the release of gas that shoots the rifle, because if so, you could put a solenoid valve on the HPA tank, powered by a 555 circuit in "One shot" mode. Then to shoot, pulling an electric trigger would allow air through for a set period of time (by a pot.) and shoot the rifle. If you are a fan of the working hammer etc and a non electrical rifle then this probably won't sound great...

2) Pretty much the same but instead of a solenoid valve you could have just a solenoid. Using the same circuit this could do one of two things. Either push the magazine valve (thing on the side) or just push the old trigger and use this a as a linking mechanism. But if you don't want to worry about batteries then I guess this isn't a great idea.

Anyway, let me know what you think, I can provide detailed circuits and part lists if you are interested.

-Digital
            Last edited by Digital; 27 October, 2015, 12:35.

Comment

So what were talking about would be like a Polarstar with a mechanical bolt :D

I had considered going electrical but what stopped me was my lack of knowledge in that area. Although the main reason I wanted to go manual was to maintain the mechanical trigger pull.
              However this will be compromised to some extent as it is with all bullpup kits. It may well be the case that an electronic trigger is the more sensible option.

In theory a solenoid valve would work perfectly as the blowback function is automatic and is controlled by the float valve in the nozzle diverting air flow. Running the valve remotely from the tank would also reduce the size of the insert as there would be no need for the release valve chamber. That being said - you could also house the valve and control unit in the space previously occupied by the trigger box as this would become redundant.

I should be in a position to laser cut the bullpup kit this weekend. Will post the results!

Comment

That sounds great, can't wait to see what it looks like!
                About the HPA, the one problem with a monostable and the aforementioned technique is by getting rid of the mechanical system, (the trigger gas valve section) and using a solenoid instead is that you can't use full auto with that circuit.
                However there is a person called KUBA-T1000 who made an AEG-HPA system. This is the circuit that I was about to build since my rifle is a semi only HPA and it is capable of full auto! (If you are wondering why I didn't go with it it is because I would not be able to fit a solenoid valve in the gearbox and IDK if a solenoid would be able to push the trigger). Anyway sorry for the monologue, here is the circuit and part list. (All credit to him).

diagram_fire_control_unit_ne555.jpg

No. Quantity Name Value
                1 1 PCB Board -
                2 1 Timer NE555 -
                3 1 LED Diode -
                4 1 Jumper and PINs -
                5 1 Transistor BD233
                6 2 Diode IN4007
                7 1 Capacitor 2.2uF 50V
                8 2 Potentiometer 200k
                9 1 Resistor 4.7k Ohm
                10 1 Resistor 50M Ohm
                11 1 Resistor 2k Ohm
                12 2 Connector -

Sorry for spamming your thread. :/ You can delete this if you want

Comment

Laser cutting! Also new brand name sneak peek:

Comment

The only kind of acceptable selfie :P

Comment

Progress update - Madras & gun teching

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEHg2JIClzc

Comment

In this prototype; for the trigger link, did you use steel? Or was the laser cut wood strong enough. Sorry if this was said in the video, my headphones are broken :/

Comment

The MDF was used purely as a template for the link plate

Comment

Wee paint job:

Comment

quick update - sorry for picture quality

Also sneak peek of the PDW version

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Polarblair Find out more about Polarblair
                                Working...