J-TAC CB Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-TAC CB Rig

I began playing airsoft about 18 months ago and I have always struggled to find a kit to fit. To be this in perspective, I'm 5'3", short in the body and long in the leg. I'm also female with curves in the usual places and I despise having lots of clutter around my body. Therefore, I was extremely pleased to be asked to trial J-TAC's new lightwight, multicam rig. To make sure the rig met the requirement John asked questions about my measurements, what kind of weapon I use, what else do I like to carry (grenades/radio/etc.). He then took all this into consideration and started work. At different stages of the design process he would get in touch and make sure that the rig would meet the requirements, sending photos and making sure I was happy with the results.

When it was ready he sent me the rig for testing. On first opening the package I was very impressed. The attention to detail is impressive; the stitching is extremely strong and the quality of the materials used is top notch. Additionally, he had laser cut a stencil of my team logo and callsign into the multicam which is also IR reflective and so incredibly useful for milsim. The next stage was to try it on. John had gone to the effort of buying a mannequin in my size for the design and it was well worth it, I've never had a rig fit so well. The shoulder straps were slightly long but not enough to be a hindrence and John has already stated this can be adjusted next time I see him. As well as being a great fit it is also incredibly comfortable. I still have the full range of movement, can bend over without it getting in the way, it doesn't impede my weapon and it sits high enough on my body that I'll be able to wear a belt rig underneath if I so choose. Of course, since it has 3 mag pockets on the front and 2 auxiliary pockets on each side, you can carry enough kit for a patrol with no problems.

On to the testing. The next game I attended after receiving the rig was a skirmish event with Gunman at Tuddenham. There was a variety of games through the day, both CQB and rural. I tend to travel light so I was only carrying 2 mags and a couple of speed loaders and the rig performed fantastically. No annoying velcro to give my position away when trying to be quiet; the mags pulled out easily but were held very securely. The pockets are made of an elasticated material and so the same pocket held an M4 mag in the morning and a single speed loader in the afternoon; neither budged an inch and yet I could access them effortlessly. During one of the games I attempted to crawl to the objective on my front under enemy fire, a tactic I have used before. However, previously, I have always been irritated by my rig, it moved around, it rode up as I was moving, it would get caught. This was brilliant, it didn't move, it was tight enough to my body that it didn't gather vegetation down the next as I crawled and yet it was so comfortable I forgot I was wearing it. On a couple of occasions I was running full pelt, pumping my arms, a situation which has caused irritation on the underside of my upper arm before as my kit didn't fit well and as my arms moved they would rub the rig. With this there were no issues at all.

In summary, I cannot recommend this enough. It looks the part, it does the job it's meant to do extremely well and the customer service was fantastic throughout. Treat yourself, you won't be disappointed.

About the Author

Collapse

demolition_dot Find out more about demolition_dot
Working...
X