Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: somalia 1993

Finally finished my M733 build -

More info on the homemade spray jobs thread if anyone's interested.

Comment

Paint job looks awesome. I was re-watching the film earlier and it looks like Garry's paint job consists of only tan strips, not tan and brown. On the linked image, if you look at the area around the rear iron sight and the end of the stock, the colour and weathering in those areas looks to be the "original" finish not brown paint. Again, your's look awesome just my opinion

Comment

Tell me about it! Trying to find an nice photo of the weapons was really difficult. I based a lot of it on the image of Gordon and Shughart (well the actors) posing in front of a shipping container as it was in natural daylight and had no grading or filters on it.
        user31515_pic253_1303535985.jpg
        It actually looks like it's got a greenish tinge to it here but it could be a parkerised or phosphate type coating on the gun to start with.
        I did find this nice pic of an original weapon in the US Ranger museum I believe -
        t53n9w.jpg
        Looks like a few colours on there so I just went with the middle ground!

Comment

Wow there's quite a difference between the real and movie version although I supposed that's meant to distinguish the rifle from the ones that the other deltas use. Pretty good job getting a balance on real/hollywood

Comment

Yeah it just goes to show they don't have to be 100% true to life to make a good film.
            Got to paint up my M14 now and weather my M16A2 and I can dig out all my gear and get some proper photos done while we've still got some semblance of sunshine!

Comment

image.jpg

:-)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wringo Find out more about wringo
              Working...
              X