Complete Russian Loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Russian Loadout

Disclaimer: To anyone intent on negative criticism, go right ahead but bare in mind that I have not made this loadout to be 100000000000% accurate. It is a generic look and does me quite well.

I must first of all say a HUGE thanks to a user by the name of Jov the Red. He provided me with the ZSH-1 Replica, Spetsnaz boots, Spetsnaz sling and the Gorka mountain suit. The Smersh set was acquired by importing from Russia. The gun in the pictures is the GHK AK105 with a fitted Madbull PBS Suppressor and Hephaestus rail set which also acts as a left side charging handle. I'm still waiting for a Vortex SPARC to come in the post and I may pick up an Inforce WML with a HSP Thorntail mount if I can get one from the states. The only internals that have been touched are the nozzle and barrel/hop set. The nozzle has been replaced with the FG Airsoft adjustable one, its similar to that of an NPAS system but uses an alan key adjustment. (If you seek more details then be sure to check out Olphy's AK105 review thread) The barrel and hop have been replaced by the A+ set, eradicating the wheel design and replacing it with an alan key type. I am still yet to skirmish this and see if it makes any noticeable difference.

Kit list:
    ZSH-1 Helmet Replica (The visor is BB Proof, once that comes down you know sh*ts getting serious)
    Pantac 3 Hole Balaclava
    Gorka 3 Mountain Suit (The most comfy thing I've ever worn)
    Mechanix original gloves (thinking about replacing with the PIG gloves)
    Smersh LBE (Evenly distributes weight around the hips/shoulders. Also, the amount of stuff you can carry is ridiculous)
    Spetsnaz boots
    Spetsnaz sling, originally 3 point but I've converted it to one point.

The ZSH:
    In my time of airsofting, I've only ever owned 2 helmets now, the earlier one being a FAST type, it and I really didnt get on. I found wearing a helmet to be very uncomfortable and an unwanted piece of kit that didn't do no good. With this one however, it is very comfortable, not too heavy, evenly distributes weight and has very easy adjustments. And of course, you can't forget about the BB proof visor. I know this is mainly for aesthetic purposes but there is some function behind it. I love it so I can see it staying with me for a long while.

Pantac 3 Hole balaclava:
    The idea that made me want to get this style of balaclava was seeing the 'unidentified' troops in Crimea wearing them, I personally opted for black over OD however. It is comfortable, breathable and doesn't irritate the skin like some other balaclavas do.

Gorka 3 Mountain Suit:
    Easily one of the most comfortable pieces of clothing I've ever worn. Its warm, waterproof and contours the body very well, I've found I can just go head over heels down a hill and not have to worry about rips or tears. I mean come on, if the Russians can wear it, anyone can.

Smersh Set:
    Not much experience with this yet, I'm still yet to skirmish it. But, at the time of playing around with it in the house (being a chairsofter) and sitting with it on for a while, as well as going through some reload-esque drills with the thing on, I can say its extremely comfy and provides equal areas of weight, even when one side is bogged down with 4 gas AK mags, weighing around the same as the real thing per one. I'll be sure to stock the thing up with pyro on my next game day as well.

Spetsnaz Sling/Boots:
    Theres not much I can say about these really, other than the fact that they are very comfy. (I've said comfy a lot today)

That should just about do it, if anyone would like to correct typos, correct me in general or offer constructive criticism... Please offer all you can.

Thanks for taking the time to read this ramble about my newly acquired Russian kit, I'm eagerly awaiting the next game day when I get to try it all out.

Happy skirmishing guys

Regards
    Last edited by JFarrow; 16 March, 2014, 15:31. Reason: typo

Re: Complete Russian Loadout

Looks great mate!
    "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

Looks very good buddy, and thanks for the mention. It is very accurate, for anyone who says that those items are not worn, please check the following photo's, hope you don't mind me including them!

Comment

mechanix gloves is bad for this kit. u need something half finger or gloves with no marks on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightman View Post
          mechanix gloves is bad for this kit. u need something half finger or gloves with no marks on it.
          I wouldn't say it makes it bad, but certainly something more Russian-like would help for perfectionists. And who knows....there could be a Russian soldier somewhere with these gloves. Stranger things have happened in the history of the universe i'm sure!
          "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

I just bought some PIG Alpha Touch ones that look a lot better

Comment

I'm no expert and still very new to this sport - bit have to say, that load out looks fantastic

Comment

Thanks Garfs. Much appreciated

Comment

Mechanix gloves have been seen on Russian Special Forces, although they are not common, it is fine for an impression.

Comment

I'd love to know where you get your stockpile of pictures Jov

Comment

Originally posted by JFarrow View Post
                      I'd love to know where you get your stockpile of pictures Jov
                      Russian Spies

Comment

Originally posted by Jov the red View Post
                        Russian Spies
                        I dropped myself into that one.

Comment

I like. The gloves do look a bit out of place but everything else looks ace. The Gorka is excellent and SMERSH is one of the best webbing set ups around.

Comment

Originally posted by RiflemanLizard View Post
                            I like. The gloves do look a bit out of place but everything else looks ace. The Gorka is excellent and SMERSH is one of the best webbing set ups around.
                            Like I said, the gloves have been replaced with these http://cdn3.volusion.com/ke4pr.p5xt7...jpg?1391907749

They do match the colour quite well. You are 100% right about the kit though, its fantastic.

Comment

Gotta say, this is a great start and looks very authentic.

The gloves are fine, but if you want something that won't glare or stand out as much, SPLAV gloves are a good alternative and provide good hand protection and grip. I recently got myself a set after taking a lot of shots to the hand at 450 fps.

Since you have an armoured helmet, it looks slightly out of place without a vest. Your loadout is fine the way it is, but a vest of some sort would definitely complete the look. Since you already have a SMERSH rig, you don't need MOLLE (unless you want it) or a load-bearing system beside what you have. An OD, flora, or black bullet-proof vest would work. If getting a Russian-model replica is too hard or expensive, my friends and I in Russia used some PANTAC personal body armour covers that resembles a Kazak vest.

While not essential, kneepads would work very well if you want to have them, of course. Any generic-look pads would work.

In addition to the topic of headwear, I'd personally not use a helmet without a vest and opt for something lighter, like just the balaclava you have, bandana, or OD combat cap (like the ones from SSO that are made for Gorka suits). If you want the fully-armoured, ready-to-breach look, vest and helmet are the way to go. No vest and helmet is more similar to scouts, and that suppressor on your AK adds to it. It's a good option for woodland, while the armour is good for CQB.

If you need any help getting things from Russia or have questions, I am available.

Looking good, comrade.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X