Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eligible for UKARA defence

Hi all,

I have recently become a member of F&O - i have skirmished 3 times at Anzio since early Jan and am now looking to get registered on the UKARA db so can purchase RIF's etc

I had email with the registration form, but i would be grateful if someone could clarify the process or advise if any other way round

basically I will next be skirmishing on 29th March, and was hoping to be able to purchase a pistol before this time - however, the email from F&O advises i need to take the ukara form plus ID to the skirmish for them to fill out/sign whatever - then i have to send off to a retailer and wait for registration

My main question is - aren't F&O classed as a retailer? ie could they not register me on the database

and secondly - is there any way to get registered before 29th so i can (hopefuly) get a pistol ?

I have posted this on the f&o forum but had no response

thanks in advance people

Re: Eligible for UKARA defence

can't really advice you on the UKARA side of things, but if you want/need a pistol before your ukara can come through you're still legally entitlted to buy one considering that you're able to prove your defence, and that they can confirm this, as it is them that you skirmish with. As to whether or not they'll want to sell you one without the membership, cause generally sites charge for the membership and it is another revenue stream for them is another thing, maybe this is why they didn't respond .

tl;dr yes you can get it before your ukara comes in, but the site might not like/let you do it.

Comment

To qualify for the defence you need to be a member of a site that holds 3rd party insurance - which presumably you now are. You could attempt to purchase and ask the retailer to verify your membership verbally with F&O. Some will do, some don't. Failing that, you need to get your UKARA form completed and posted to your retailer of choice when you place your first order. You can pop in to the site with your form at any time they're open - doesn't have to be during a skirmish you're taking part in, but you WILL need it signed and stamped before it goes on the database.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

3 times in more than 2 months.

Have you spoken to the F&O retail guys while you were at anzio? I know from first hand that the guys in the retail side attend the sites and are very helpful, once I was eligible I filled out form and showed I'd and the guys from the retail took my form there and then and in under a week (the next Tuesday after the shoot) I was registered with no problems.
        KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

I think, that with the retailers help, you should be fine, UKARA, after all, is not a law, it's more of a principle, and is by no means the only defence, also, as you're now a member of a recognised site, and it seems, a regular player, that should be enough.
          "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Garfs Find out more about Garfs
          Working...
          X