Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting different sites:

Hey!

I've just started getting into airsoft and I am looking at buying an airsoft rifle. I will of course have to wait out the painful 2 months before I can get the UKARA signed off, however I am not 100% sure I will be attending the same airsoft venue 3 times in the next 2 months. I know I probably will do in the longer run, however myself and a couple of friends who live futher away will more than likely visit different sites (my "local" one would be classed as the mansfield airsoft site); I went there about 2 weeks ago now I think; was great! However this weekend I may be going to a site in cambridgeshire and failing we don't get along to well there we may try a different one.

So if the trend continues of trying out different sites (I do believe all are UKARA registered) could I get them to sign the paper and would that be enough or do I need to forceable play at my local site for 3 times? I have no problem with doing so; its just with other people who I know, it would be near impossible for them to make the journey.

Hopefully that makes sense; I have tried reading a whole bunch of posts but it seems a bit unclear on what the answer is. Some say "you must be a regular at one site" others sort of hint that I do not need to be.

Thank you

Re: Visiting different sites:

In theory, you should be able to get the site operators to sign some kind of declaration (or the back of your UKARA application as I have not seen (or actually looked for) anything within the UKARA guidelines that stipulates all games must be played at the same site.

The UKARA website would be the obvious place to look.

EDIT:

http://www.ukara.org.uk/player-registration.php

It does say here the games should be played at your local site.

It doesn't say if that means local (close to you) or local (regular, like a local pub).

Either way, this is not a legally binding document and I think any site(s) you visit should be pragmatic enough to help you out.

Comment

As long as each site can confirm you have played there, then yes that will be enough for a ukara licence.

In fact you don't even need a ukara licence. You could simply ring up the shop you wished to buy from, and have them ring each site to confirm you have played there. I did this before I got my ukara(although for me it was the same site 3 times) and they were quite happy to sell me a RIF.

Comment

You can't register with The UKARA without a site membership number. Cant issue a site membership number if you don't do the 3 in no less than 2.

- - - Updated - - -

And its not a UKARA Licence………

Comment

Ah OK, the answers are (unless I am completely wrong then please tell me!):

- I can buy a RIF if the site I am attending contacts the vendor or vice verser (Zero One for example contacts Mansfield and others). I know some sites will purchase the gun for you and hold it for a certain amount of time. I am guessing before you get UKARA membership.

- However to gain UKARA Memebership (Not a "license" ^) I need to get a site memebership to that said site by playing 3 games over a 2 month period. Then from there I can purchase a RIF in my own leasurely time until renewl?

Comment

Interestingly, I emailed UKARA to ask about a few things, and one of the things that was covered was this. Although I don't know if this offers any clarification for you.

1) For a player to have UKARA registration at one particular site, is it necessary for that player to have attended the same site, or the same company's sites on those three occasions, or would it be acceptable for this person to visit three different sites in over 60 days to be registered at just one site?
            A) You have to become a member of one site and for them to be able to prove it you need to play there the 3 times.
            And it's also a period of 56 days or longer.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Well in theory ChickenLegs you have two choices.

One is to attend the same site three times in two months (we have all had to do it) and apply to the UKARA database with a triple signed form from that site for your right to a defence (triple signed as in signed for each of the three days).

Two is to attend whichever sites you want and make sure that some sort of evidence can be provided to prove that you attended the site. I find that a picture in front of say the sign in the safe zone, dated picture helps even more so, that tells you who the site is in full kit will suffice. Then when you wish to purchase a RIF email the contact details and pics to the website and they should check that this is all correct and above board and there you go, you can buy your RIF and often this way curcumvents having to buy into some sites frankly pathetic 'membership fees'. It is a touch long winded and might take an extra day or two for you to buy RIFs but all you need is valid proof that you are a skirmisher and I would be honest if I was a shop and got sent pictoral evidence that I could back up by looking in say the sites online gallery and have a contact to call I would consider that a lot better than a piece of paper with a name and stamp on it.

So there you have it, either play at the one site, get on the UKARA database and if required pay the membership fees or get evidence that you play over a series of weeks and months and then back it up so that it is bulletproof and if the shop then refuses to sell you a RIF just take your business elsewhere, I have been doing this for a while due to not supporting my local and the way it tries to loophole the UKARA system.

'FireKnife'
              68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
              Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Ah awesome!

Thanks for the replies guys Greatly appreciated!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ChickenLegs Pretty new to this! Find out more about ChickenLegs
                Working...
                X