A question about Osprey mk4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about Osprey mk4

Hi all I'e got a question which has been bugging me for a while and cant find an answer to. Who exactly is issused the mk4 Osprey plate carrier? I'm aware that it's issued to forces on tour but is being issued at all to troops who are in the UK? If I remember correctly the earlier Osprey mk's were never really issued to to non tour troops.

Any way I hope some can answer this.

Re: A question about Osprey mk4

It is being issued to some troops in the UK on a roll out so that eventually everyone will have as their standard kit. Just what I have been told buy guys that are in, so could be wrong but sounds about right. Other variations of Osprey wouldn't have been issued in the UK as they were all in Desert DPM and as UK isn't very sandy they wouldn't blend in well. The MK4's are MTP which is now the standard kit so will no doubt be rolled out. How long that takes is any bodys guess!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikep81 View Post
      It is being issued to some troops in the UK on a roll out so that eventually everyone will have as their standard kit. Just what I have been told buy guys that are in, so could be wrong but sounds about right. Other variations of Osprey wouldn't have been issued in the UK as they were all in Desert DPM and as UK isn't very sandy they wouldn't blend in well. The MK4's are MTP which is now the standard kit so will no doubt be rolled out. How long that takes is any bodys guess!
      As I thought then, I was aware of the older ospreys not being issued in the UK save the original in trial dpm. It sounds logical hah I'm glad you could clear it up.

Comment

The idea is that Osprey will be issued to everyone, however for now, Osprey is held in central stores and requested as and when, for everything else it is mostly ECBA that is issued.

Comment

Osprey is slowly being rolled out to units, but for now most of us are using ECBA still

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mr Priest Find out more about Mr Priest
          Working...
          X