So about these WE pistols...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So about these WE pistols...

2 days later and I've already made up my mind!

Comment

I think the problem with people seeing these as crap is that people buy them expecting them to perform as well as a TM or KWA. Obviously they aren't going to considering they're much cheaper, but they're still decent pistols for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
        I think the problem with people seeing these as crap is that people buy them expecting them to perform as well as a TM or KWA. Obviously they aren't going to considering they're much cheaper, but they're still decent pistols for the price.
        Their 1911 isn't worth £40. Never mind £90-£130

Comment

Originally posted by HuntR View Post
          Their 1911 isn't worth £40. Never mind £90-£130
          True their 1911 is complete rubbish, but the stuff they've released in the last couple of years, namely their glocks, XDMs, PX4s, P226s, P228s and M&Ps really aren't that bad. And this is coming from someone who's a stout admirer and user of TM pistols.

Comment

The XDM's are prone to trigger failure. And the glocks nozzle must be made of cheese. Both again nowhere near their price tag. The PX4 has a botched trigger too I've heared. My Glock lasted two magazines, and the XDM was an RMA job out of the box.

Comment

I've had my 1911 for i'd guess 3 years or so now and no problems with it, though i did buy another one and i could never get it working quite right so maybe I just got very lucky with my first one.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntR View Post
                The XDM's are prone to trigger failure. And the glocks nozzle must be made of cheese. Both again nowhere near their price tag. The PX4 has a botched trigger too I've heared. My Glock lasted two magazines, and the XDM was an RMA job out of the box.
                I'm very surprised to hear about this. I've owned both the XDM and the PX4...I've actually owned the XDM on two occasions, and both performed well with absolutely no trigger issues, or any issue for that matter.

I ran a WE Glock 19 for a few skirmishes as my main sidearm in a similar experiment to the OP, and again had no issues. Okay so it didn't perform as nicely as my old TM Glock, but for the money I paid I couldn't complain. My friends been running a WE G18 for a while and admittedly the nozzle has just broken on it, but it's a cheap fix and it held up for quite a few games.

Comment

Could well be all down to QC issues. It put me right off though. I had a 1911 DOA too. But the one I received as an exchange did work. Just was an utter gas hog, and felt really cheap. Fired 5-6 rounds then it was all out of gas. Didn't matter if it was hot or cold. I'd had H-Capa's too. And although they worked fine, the slide rattle was immense.

Comment

I had a WE M&P, worked a charm all through winter. Smashing little gun, lack of trades was a bummer, but I guess you can always get them engraved. It was probably one of the best airsoft guns i've ever had; I miss it that much that i'll probably end up buying another one. They do take a little bit of fettling at times though, I had to fix the full auto issue with mine, took me about 15 mins to strip it, file the trigger sear and try it a couple of times - never had any other issues after that. I thought it was cracking value for money

Comment

I was in the same camp too, TMs all the way, until I wanted a pistol they didn't make. Cue my WE P228, I've done what I would have considered unthinkable six months ago and bought a brand new WE pistol.

Whilst I've not had chance to skirmish it, initial reports are okay. All four magazines are leaking from the base seal (a lube job to fix) and from the outlet valves slightly (no fix found as of yet). Build quality seems on a par with most metal Sigs, the recoil spring is nice and strong, no sign of any flashing on the inside of the slide like some reported. Blowback is crisp on propane and looks to be 100% TM compatible.

We shall see how she goes over the next month.

Sent from a phone because I cba to fire up my poota.
                      - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

WE pistols all work ok for the first and maybe second skirmish but clearly longetivity is the problem here (as owners have already testified). Rather than tolerances being the issue why things stop working - WE's problem is to do with the quality of parts - cheap alloys and plastics.

I think making a cheap clone is all very well - but if it doesn't last a few months of normal use (or typical use) it really defies the point if having it .

- - - Updated - - -

WE pistols all work ok for the first and maybe second skirmish but clearly longetivity is the problem here (as owners have already testified). Rather than tolerances being the issue why things stop working - WE's problem is to do with the quality of parts - cheap alloys and plastics.

I think making a cheap clone is all very well - but if it doesn't last a few months of normal use (or typical use) it really defies the point if having it .

Comment

I'm with you entirely on the second hand thing fireknife - my glock was second hand, 10k rounds later its had one or two break downs but its still a joy to shoot!
                          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

WE seem to be very erratic quality wise. I've got two PX4's. Zero problems.
                            I bought an M&P. complete shit out of the box. Full auto issues and then the damn thing stopped firing.
                            Gave it to Jez to fix and forgot all about the damn thing.
                            TM am bestest.:-)

Comment

I've had one problem with my TM px4 and none with my WE.
                              Granted I use the TM twice as much so maybe time will tell and the WE will have the same issues later on!

Comment

Well sadly due to mounting car costs (car and living conditions being the only two things that trump airsoft in my life) I am going to have to sell on this pistol anyway.

Expect to see it up for sale later today, sorry but cars really are a bugger for cost to repair . Doesn't mean I won't pick this idea up another day though.

'FireKnife'
                                68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                                Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FireKnife Huge Resi Fan Find out more about FireKnife
                                Working...
                                X