Here's a few pics from my tier 1 load out any thoughts

Re: medal of honnor tier 1 style

Nowt showing up mucker

Comment

IMAG0142.jpg

Comment

It's a good start, I must admit. However, I've got some points you may want to consider, fair enough if you don't take them into account, everyones personal preference and all

The following is what I would say suits an American operator, I have no idea what unit you are trying to recreate. So ignore this if you want.

I'd say go with a lighter rig, something along the lines of a SAPI cut plate carrier, similar to the design of the LBT 6094. TMC do repro's of different styles like Crye JPC's and the alike. They're lightweight and well fitted to the body so you can get yourself some better articulation. Then again, it all depends on the role you're going to be taking. Along with this, I'd ditch everything you don't need, may this be extra pouches and whatnot, if you're not using it then it can go. (This may just be me as I take a minimalist approach to my plate carriers)

I'd try for 3-6 mags on the front, whether they be in single or double magazine pouches, or whether there is a kangaroo style pouch in place on the rig you choose. With small bits like chem-lights and a tourniquet just for added effect. The admin panel can be utilized with a rather large assortment of patches to your liking. Or for storing documents and whatnot.

I'd also say keep the sides clear, as you don't want your arms to be hindered in movement. At the most, an extra mag or two and a utility pouch. (Once again, this is just a personal preference, a lot of individuals within these sorts of units set up their rigs however they want.)

The back of the rig, you could keep this clear and attach a pack or use one over the top if you're so inclined. Or you could use a hydration solution along the lines of a camelback or Source bladder. I've also seen some people run comms setups to the back and have grenade pouches there for when their team-mates are stacking behind them and they need pyro quick.

Headwear:
        You may want to keep the cap, wear it backwards, do what you want, anything suits really. However, a lot of the screenshots I've seen (and from playing the game myself), a lot of the individuals use helmets, so if you really wanted you could get yourself a FAST, BUMP or Airframe style helmet to accompany the rest of your kit. Spice it up with some strobes, low lumen lights, patches, sparkling unicorns, whatever you want really.

Some people like to use boonies over caps, but I believe these are more inclined for a scout role.

Oh, and you need a tactical beard, I think the pound shop can sort you out. The shemagh (is it a shemagh?) suits well by the way.

If you wanted to be truly MOHW style you could grab yourself some LBX camo, but since you've had such a good start with the MC then why not continue with that.

I hope I could've helped in some way, I can see that you've put some effort into the loadout, if you need anything more answering I'd be happy to have an input but there are far more people on this forum that know a hell of a lot more than me about this sort of thing. I've had to jog my memory a little as lately I've been pursuing Russian kit, which is a world apart from all this. Here are some screenshots that refreshed my mind.

http://www.m-i-a.co.uk/wp-content/up...reenshot-5.jpg
        http://assets.vg247.com/current//201...eens_01_wm.png
        http://assets.vg247.com/current//201...eens_03_wm.png

Current kitlist for my 'Tier 1' loadout is as follows, it's not incredibly accurate but it's the closest thing I've got:
        Arc'teryx beanie
        Arc'teryx neck gaitor
        Arc'teryx Naga hoodie (bloody brilliant I use it for everything)
        Mayflower APC in kryptek highlander
        Attached Haley Strategics D3 chest rig in kryptek nomad (via mayflower swiftclip system)
        OPS Kryptek mandrake pants
        Merrell MOAB Mids

As you can probably tell, it's totally different, but it's getting there.

Comment

Is more of my take on a tier 1 operator but getting a beard sounds kinda cool I do have a shemagh ill have to dig it out from the loft at some point haha was thinking about getting a fast jump helmet and clipping it to my assault vest for looks
          But cheers for the pointers mate

Comment

you'll definitely want to tighten up that vest, looks like you're wearing an apron at the moment.

Comment

You've got a CIRAS type vest (old skool now!) on with no plates in it which makes it sit really bad on you and it doesn't help that since you are a skinny individual and are wearing one of the biggest vests available - you look completely swamped, those shoulder straps are done on your chest, try to readjust it, there must be some way to tighten it up on you. As above, a much smaller vest for someone of your build is best - 6094 style or smaller.

If you want to keep that vest get foam plates for it. The plastic plates are an option but are frankly crap but there is someone in the UK now produing high density foam front/back/side SAPI plates that weight nothing but fill the vest properly. Can't tell you who due to Forum policy but get Googling.

Also, if you're keeping the vest get a UBACs shirt. You'll get far too warm wearing a normal combat shirt under it.

Don't have the double row of rifle mag pouches, no-one does it in real life and it looks silly and is impractical. If you have all the pouches filled you find it difficult to access to the bottom row due to the ones above. Also the bottom row hanging half off looks silly, wouldn't be done in real life as it would make the snaps on the MOLLE straps likely to become undo and come off the vest.

Your pistol mags and leg holster are on the same side - why? As an example if your pistol is in your right hand your mags need to be on your left side so your left hand can reach them easily rather than reaching across your body to access spares. Same concept runs to your rifle mags. if you want to keep all your rifle mag pouches move the double set on your chest to the weak side and put the pistol mags up on your chest.

How many mags have you got anyway? If you're carrying and using 10 mags you're going to need to learn some trigger control if you want to look and act like a Tier 1 operator. If you have more pouch space than mags get rid of the extra pouches.

Google "CIRAS Vest set-up" and look through Images, you'll see a pile of picture of how professionals have set their up and what looks good.

Comment

Yay.

section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I'm used to using PLCE webbing cheers for the pointers though ill have a look in the mean time I can just pad it out with some old combats haha :L
                  Nice load out seansamurai1

Comment

Adjusted the straps and moved and removed some pouches IMAG0146.jpg
                    Just need to get some cylums and a caribina just for the looks

Comment

Looks alot better mate. I know its tempting to fill every bit of free molle space, but often with rigs, less is more!

Comment

^ He's right you know

Comment

Here's it all finished IMAG0216.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMAG0216.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cavo Find out more about Cavo