Vietnamese villager loadout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vietnamese villager loadout?

I'm going to a Vietnam game this weekend all of a sudden and I'll be going as a Vietnamese villager. I'm unsure as to what I should wear, i was thinking some tan/ brown trousers, a black shirt/ pullover thing and a paddy hat, has anyone got any good ideas to really make the kit recognisable or more 'correct'?

Cheers in advance

Re: Vietnamese villager loadout?

Torn trousers, flip flops (not sure if this would work running around lol), torn t-shirt. bandolier over the shoulder. These are people who don't really have much gear. What gun are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anything French military from that era. That will get people thinking why the f"ck have you turned up with a chicken in your headwear!
      sigpic
      "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Depends what villager type you want. Villagers near any cities would normally have shorts or baggy trousers torn to look like 3/4 lengths or something along those lines, a plain T shirt sometimes with a plain shirt (undone) over the top. no need to wear the paddy hat as that tended to be more the women in the cities. could probably get away with a AK chest rig under the shirt.
        But for a deep in the jungle villager, baggy trousers with a very long shirt and could get away with wearing boots under it. Paddy hat if you want too, and yet again a good old AK chest rig or a M16 bandolier.
        But the key is to have the clothes look tatty and holes here and there.

Comment

Cheers guys! I've gone for my old 'sharovari' russian trousers, rolled up to 3/4 length, nice and tatty, a black top and a paddy hat Ill post some pictures from after the event, could be helpful for other people thinking about a similar loadout

Comment

Sorry to necro this thread, was wondering if there was any pictures of the event? I'm doing In Country in August, playing as VC, and want some ideas for what to go for!

Thanks,

Six

Comment

Evo and I bought full VC outfits from vietnam for about £30 posted including chicoms a few years back.

Obvioulsy it tends to look chuffing stupid on 6ft tall blonde haired white guys...

being villagers:

and then guerillas

Comment

Here's a link to a large selection of photos http://www.wyvernairsoft.com/new-gal...p-dustoff.html

and some specific villager ones: (note we were villagers and not VC, our gear is very much not militarised at all)

(more of a VC look, the rice hats didn't tend to be worn whilst fighting as they are a nightmare!)

Comment

The thing is the only difference between a VC and a villager was picking up a rifle in most cases. very few really had extensive webbing or military kit.

The lightweight black 'pyjamas' are traditional vietnamese peasant wear... like i saw we actually bought ours from vietnam. Ditto the neck scarves which the VC used to donate unit designation at times.

We couldnt get french bushhats in time so used green US boonies and a black us boonie which looked the part. we only wore the coolie hats when doing 'village' things... the idea being we cached our weapons, were unarmed and so 'not targets' while the us swept through the village, once they had passed we dug up the rifles and grenades and shot them up...

Our only 'non likely' kit was japanese army tabi boots and baseball shoes as non of us wanted to fuck our feet up with truck tyre sandals.

The main problem for the US forces in vietnam was that a farmer in the day (who might even be a 'pro us' militia member) was highly likely to be VC by nightfall or at least sympathetic.

Late war the VC were *heavily* bolstered (both politically and manpower wise) with PAVN soldiers masquerading as locals. This was obvious to anyone vietnamese as people from the north look slightly different to those in the south and clearly have a different accent but to most americans 'all dinks looked the same'.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GhostDivisionAirsoft I can am grammar Find out more about GhostDivisionAirsoft
                  Working...
                  X