X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior L96 Review

Warrior L96
    (Out the box)...............(Upgraded)
    Overall 6/10................................ Overall 9/10 (Would get a 10 with a barrel seeing as that is fully upgraded)
    Build Quality 5/10......................... Build Quality 8/10 (Internals are basically all steel but exterior is still creaky ABS)
    Performance 7/10......................... Performance 10/10 (Although be careful with the FPS.. With a new M150 mine was around 560-580fps with the listed upgrades near the end)
    Exclusivity 5/10............................Exclusivity 7/10 (Still pretty common to find these but if you go for little things like me you can try stand out)
    Price 10/10................................. Price 7/10 (Upgrades aren't cheap but work)
    Features 7/10............................. Features 8/10 (All you can really add is a laylax adjustable cheek rest so no allen keys needed and ghillie..Laser/torches are pointless for snipers)
    Upgrades 10/10........................... Upgrades 10/10 (Internally all can be changed.. Externally its DIY really..Unless you buy a new body)

Build Quality
    Don't expect the very best in quality from this rifle but don't just disregard it.. I have owned two of these rifles.. One i purchased brand new and my latest one is second hand and yes there are a few creaks here and there but i don't constantly go "Oh god its gonna break!" I have dropped this second hand one numerous times and the only thing that broke was a piece of the rail on-top so i glued the remaining on just in-case (Here are some pictures)
    17400002.jpg17400003.jpg

Performance
    Of course not every gun will be the same seeing as its a China clone.. But if i remember correctly my new one out the box averaged around 440 - 450 and this second hand one (Which has camo and some signs of wear so its seen its share of action) chronoed around 390 - 400.. So if you are buying second hand you may need a new spring to get around the 440-450 mark but as anyone should know, Bolt-Actions are easy to work on and i would highly suggest looking around for upgrade guides. Oh and it could also easily hit a target at 50ft second hand (So 390-400fps) I'm 100% sure it could reach out and hit 100ft - 120ft..Probably more (And this is second hand) but 50ft is how big my garden is :P

Price
    It's a great deal in my opinion at around £140 - £150 for the gun or normally sites will include Bipod and Scope for around £170. Or you can get one second hand for alot cheaper (£90 - £120 For a stock one)

Features
    Adjustable cheek rest, Scope rail and bi-pod lug.. Also if you get the L96 Bipod it has 2 small rails either side for whatever you need (Wouldn't really use if i were you) The magazines are also nicely full metal and hold around 20 - 23 BB's each so you may want a extra mag which are around £12. This gun even upgraded to 500fps (Thats what mine is currently) Has one of the easiest bolts I've used.. When its stock at 440-450fps you can really rapid-fire it if you needed :P

Upgrades
    Easily the strongest point of the gun.. This thing is easy to find upgrades for! I would highly suggest just Googling "L96 Upgrade Guide" and you will find a full guide of what to upgrade.. I have sunk around £250 into my L96..Bringing it in total to £355 (Bought second hand remember) This is overkill so don't worry if you don't have that kind of budget..The only things left stock on my gun are: The bolt, Body, Cheek rest and Hop-up.
    The Hop-ups according to most break easily but mine is still working after it has been clearly used before me. Also the trigger is plastic so lots say this will break..When i had my brand new L96 it lasted well over 10k bb's (It was my only gun so between skirmishes i would use it to plink cans in the garden) So if you aren't going to upgrade this gun it is still a solid performer..As i said though, watch out for the hop-up..If it is broken you will need a new barrel with a AEG style hop-up or need to search for a regular replacement one.. (I am soon switching i think to a AEG style as finding buckings + AEG hop-up rubbers is alot easier)

Pictures
    I recently did the ghille wrap on my L96 so don't really want to ruin by taking it apart to show the upgrades i have done (I have a Black steel cylinder, Steel cylinder head with slightly longer tube, Cut M150 spring, Steel guide rod, Steel trigger, Aluminium piston head and some Laylax barrel spacers)

But here are some pictures of what your L96 could look like when your done and i have the stock cylinder still so i can show the stock internals:
    The trigger in the picture is the stock plastic one..It really has no wear on it at-all..Only thing wrong is the safety was snapped by previous owner :P Also i could not for the life of me get the cylinder head off..Seems it was done by a machine or i am just weak <.< Take your pick
    17410004.jpg
    18030008.jpg
    18020002.jpg
    18020004.jpg
    18020005.jpg
    18030006.jpg
    18030007.jpg
    A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Re: Warrior L96 Review

Nice review.
    I have the something eagle version very similar to this. I have done the same as you with replacements, But also changed the hop up unit. An m150 was just under 600 fps so it needs clipping down once I get a nice new barrel to rhop

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_severn View Post
      Nice review.
      I have the something eagle version very similar to this. I have done the same as you with replacements, But also changed the hop up unit. An m150 was just under 600 fps so it needs clipping down once I get a nice new barrel to rhop
      Thanks and yeah tbh all the clones are very similar
      A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Comment

EDIT: (Won't let me edit thread post for some reason) In the performance section i said that in total i spent £355 on Upgrades including the gun.. I was wrong in total for all the parts listed + the gun it was £271 (Including Postage + Ghillie wrap + 2 Extra mags)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DatJames Find out more about DatJames
        Working...
        X