Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Para and Mk7 helmet

Hi there,

My question would be, which one of these 2 helmets are more comfortable? I have a Para helemt, and I love it. However i have just changed m load out from DPM to MTP and Im thinking to change the good old Para helmet to the MK7. However if its not that comfortable, then I might just keep the Para.

anyone had experiences with both?

Cheers,

D4nny

Re: Question about Para and Mk7 helmet

Mk7 you cannot buy as its a restricted product. Still with the Para.

Comment

Originally posted by blytm View Post
      Mk7 you cannot buy as its a restricted product. Still with the Para.
      I was reading older threads about the Mk7. I heared it from a friend as well that it is resticted, but than why is there quite a lot on Ebay? Would anything happen if I buy one from there?

Comment

I've got a Mk7 sat in the spare room. It's the one I served in, got hit in, and wore on the CASEVAC home.
        Like shit was I giving it back but the battalion let me keep it in any case. It's still in good nick too.

Being bias, I think the Mk7 is the most comfortable full cover infantry assault helmet available. The improved shape allows better wearing of comm systems, sits more comfortably on your head with the top cradle, and you can still go prone without your armour pushing the helmet over your eyes... which was the worst thing about the Mk6.
        The weave protection is excellent too, though that is really pointless if you're wearing it for airsoft.

There are lots of them floating around online and though people would have you believe that fat RMP's are hawking every one of them, ready to knock back doors in whenever anyone buys one... that's not really true, though the MOD have been known to hound sellers and recover what is technically MOD property.
        More than likely however, if you did buy one online; nothing would happen.

Same applies to the GSR and the rest.
        Meh.

Comment

Paras wear Mk7, the para helmet has been banned from ops use since early Afghan. The para helmet is still used for jumps believe, not sure if the mk 7 has been jumps cleared yet.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

D4nny Find out more about D4nny
          Working...
          X