CYMA SVD-S Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CYMA SVD-S Review

I shall be borrowing a replica until I can save up for a belarus one!

Hope my svd arrives before 31st so I can see if it has any flukes/faults!

Will start off with .3g BBs in it I reckon.

Comment

Yeah. I wouldn't go heavier than a .3.

Also, invest in a flat nub. I made my own and it's worked wonders in it. Takes 5 minutes to swap as well. Remove the top receiver cover, 2 screws on top of the hop wheel, it all lifts on and off!

Comment

Great review- I had the spring version and tried this type too. Very solid. Pot metal- but for the price it's amazing. Only thing about the review I don't agree with- Russians ain't the bad guys
        "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

Had mine for a bit and figured I'd share my experience.

I might have gotten a bit of a lemon but here goes.

Folding stock pin broke on first folding attempt(been sent a replacement since and worked fine since).
          Original hop nub was beyond crap, replaced it and it is doing better.(will be replacing rubber and inner soon-ish).
          I do believe that with hop fully off and firing one/a few shots moves the nub inside hop unit out of position, preventing future adjustments until you take it apart and correct it.
          The outer barrel kept sliding forward out of the gun, making the handguards fall off(fixed it by placing things into chamber where the barrel is fixed to the gun by 2 screws to prevent movement, ie screws get 'stuck')
          The fire selector is wobbly and comes off safe very easy. Stock itself has little wobble as with all cymas. One of the screws that helps keep the barrel fixed near hop unit had no threading.
          Nothing to say about internals as I have not used it that much yet and am afraid taking the gb apart.

But with stock inner, guarder nub, stock rubber it seems to shoot decent on .3g BBs.

How's your luck with it Ben so far?

Comment

It's been flawless everytime. I will be taking my handmade nub out in favour of a firefly one when I find the time, but I've had not a single complaint about it really! None of the issues you've described

Comment

Guess I just had a lemon!

What are your internals like? Still stock or have you replaced anything?

Cheers.

Comment

Still stock. Apart from the hop nub i don't feel any need to tinker

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                Working...
                X