Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asg scorpion evo 3 a1

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
    Take it back to your retailer mate and stamp your feet, that's what the warranty is for.

Mine has started to behave now that the new hop and barrel have been fitted but some words of wisdom from me:
    • Don't even bother trying to feed the new Nuprol BBs through it, it doesn't like them
    • DO NOT spray silicone oil on your hop rubber
    • Any problems take it straight back to your retailer
    • The magazines are a poor design, the innards are made from cheap plastic that over time will buckle and cause misfeeds. The only way tto solve this is to take them apart and wrap a layer of fabric tape around the top and bottom of the inner shell to stop it from bowing under the pressure of the loaded spring. New mags will only come with the same problem.
    Interesting, thanks Olphy. I sent it back yesterday, I am a bit pi$$ed off that I have a brand new gun that has to go back to the retailer before it's even used. If I have ever bought anything other than TM, I have problems. That is how I see it.

Trader feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...411#post240411

Comment

I know mate, it's been a frustrating experience for me too, every damn skirmish I've taken it out to and it hasn't been working properly. Like I say, it's starting to behave now but it's going to take a bit more trial and error with the design before it is perfected I think...
      - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

How do just had a good read through this thread and starting to rethink buying a scorpion evo 3 now just wondering if anyone a bought one in past month and how she is running Im looking at May before I get mine so any updated would be good

Comment

Hi guys. Anyone bought one of these recently and how's it performing? Don't want to be buying a weapon for it to die straight away

Comment

ive got one of the first batch,and apart from the magazine not holding its bbs,and the selector switch getting in the way, the gun has been working fine
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About six weeks ago mine fried it's ECU, replaced under warranty with an improved unit with beefier capacitors that ASG have only just released (the old variant is now obsolete so no risk of the old design being fitted).

Other than that it's been okay, should be reliable now. Avoid the early generation or at least get one that's had all the work done to it (like mine).

Comment

Mines first gen and never had a problem with it till last week when one of the feed lips popped off.

L.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
                  About six weeks ago mine fried it's ECU, replaced under warranty with an improved unit with beefier capacitors that ASG have only just released (the old variant is now obsolete so no risk of the old design being fitted).

Other than that it's been okay, should be reliable now. Avoid the early generation or at least get one that's had all the work done to it (like mine).
                  Thanks for the reply (and everyone else's). Quick question though. Anyway to know if its the upgraded version? Does it come with a new item? A different box? Just trying to make sure I do get an upgraded version.

Also I went to my local shop. The guy there told me not to use the 11.1v lipo as it would only last 2 games with the scorpion? Is that true or does he just love making it snow?

Comment

Originally posted by Gingimaru View Post
                    Thanks for the reply (and everyone else's). Quick question though. Anyway to know if its the upgraded version? Does it come with a new item? A different box? Just trying to make sure I do get an upgraded version.

Also I went to my local shop. The guy there told me not to use the 11.1v lipo as it would only last 2 games with the scorpion? Is that true or does he just love making it snow?
                    Utter tosh, it is designed to run with the 11.1v lipo. It does not run well on a 7.2v. It may be difficult to be sure which variant you have.

Trader feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...411#post240411

Comment

Originally posted by Tack View Post
                      Utter tosh, it is designed to run with the 11.1v lipo. It does not run well on a 7.2v. It may be difficult to be sure which variant you have.
                      Brill cheers guys. Going to get 2 lipo's to start. Sure that will be enough for my field.

I shall have to investigate more into the upgraded version.

I'll let you know how I get on

Comment

This is my only gun that I do run on 11.1
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Hmm, turned out mine had actually snapped it's cut off lever on the ECU unit instead, not fried. Still, mine has the new version.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Turkey Find out more about Turkey
                          Working...
                          X