Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

PayPal have now banned any & all airsoft related payment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal have now banned any & all airsoft related payment!

Hi all,
    Been a while since I last posted but for the past 9 months I have had a business account with PayPal for my company, and recently decided to buy some airsoft stuff using the account…. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT Paypal have recently released new T&C's that heavily prohibit and restrict sales of airsoft stuff, actual rifs apparently are a no go and accessories are still "under consideration". As I'm sure people reading this are as annoyed as I am as this now means that retailers are now most likely not going to be accept paypal as payment anymore and any sales on forums etc are now going to be either almost impossible or not safe as it would need to be sent as gift with no description (bad idea). So for any of you who have had your payment not come in or not be accepted for any airsoft related gear this is why. Having spoke to various people at Paypal (which was like being transfers to various parts of the world…) at length for three hours it looks like their excuse is that they are working with the government to stop the sales of RIFs to people without defence, personally its my money so I want to be able to do what ever the fuck I want with it not be dictated to by someone who already takes a chunk from any sales… I get the feeling that soon some airsoft retailers are going to be bait peeved at this as I know a majority of customers prefer to use paypal over something like sage pay as it is just so much easier. to be honest I doubt I will be buying anymore airsoft stuff online from the forums now because of this so the second hand sales might dip for a while… To those of you who say no problem just don't put in a description may I point out that paypal won't just magically refund money unless they know exactly what it is for, the second you mention airsoft they will basically tell you to do one and they keep your money!

X-ray

Re: PayPal have now banned any & all airsoft related payment!

Hasn't this always been the way though? Its been the classic scammer move to say "its airsoft" and that's case closed against you. I don't see what's new.

Comment

In the past the have still accepted payment, now they will not have anything to do with airsoft at all, this means retails can no longer use paypal.

Comment

other than sage pay, are there many other secure methods of payment? direct bank transfers perhaps, ive been able to get refunds for airsfot stuff this way in the past, they seem much more willing than paypal to help get your money back

Comment

There are loads. Plus Klarna are coming to the UK soon. Only problem is that they are German and we all know that Germany just bans...well everything.
          World pay, direct api with the banks. They all cost though.

Comment

The thing is 70% of airsofters would rather use paypal to purchase items as it is secure and takes like 30 seconds to send money 99%of the time, sage pay is not always offered by retailers as it does cost to implement into your website (not a free service by any means) as for bank transfer it either is a faff putting the details in and authorising etc and on the rare occasion when it goes pete tong they won't always be so helpful.

Comment

i just ordered an aeg through paypal... seems alright to me.

Comment

wheres this new info been found then? Have PayPal released an updated T&Cs which clearly state this?

I know they don't cover RIFs, they haven't for ages
                sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

nice scare but Paypal have not said anything to us and they know what we do seeing as they have actually been to our offices and warehouse and we have a rather large account with them

Comment

I bought a AEG about 20 mins ago on paypal with no problems, not too sure this info is correct. cant find any info regarding this.

Comment

This wasn't intended as a "scare" or anything of that nature, simply thought most people would appreciate this information.. seems not. Tried ordering a RIF from a certain retailer based in the UK and hong kong, had my payment declined by PP decided to ring up and see whats what and this is what I have been told by PP, I don't know when this new legislation was brought into place but they assure me it was "quite recently" it may not have yet affected all retailers as of yet but I thought it would be only decent to post it on the forum just incase anyone was wondering why PP payments were going through etc.

Comment

X-ray , was this purchase a GBB rifle by any chance ?

Comment

I see alot of airsofters and companies switching to google wallet in the future if this is indeed true

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

1st commando no it was an off the shelf AEG, just a simple purchase until paypal decided to make things difficult.

Comment

Ah I just wondered as we had somebody having issues with ordering a rifle earlier but it was not paypal related

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked and we are still receiving payments and we actually have the word "airsoft" in our account name

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

x-ray Find out more about x-ray
                              Working...
                              X