Russian Loadout Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Loadout Help

Hey i bought this coat and hat ages ago and judging by all the little details on the coat and the hat i am pretty safe in assuming its Russian? :P So..I am really wanting to put this into a loadout but i have no clue about what Era this coat is from..All the pictures i see the coat have 2 rows of buttons..This is a knock off so i have no clue to like..What to look for

Attached a picture below..Could anyone please give me some information on this? I bought it for fun but if it is a legit sorta looking coat then i would love to go the full way with it
    1907989_1474542492783123_609882973456568385_n.jpg

Thanks for any help in advanced
    A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Re: Russian Loadout Help

The hat is an enlisted mans parade hat, not for really formal parades (they are flashier) but for regular duties when you had to look smart. Could be any era from the 70s to the end of the communist era.

The overcoat i cant tell you. its not a russian enlisted mans one. the buttons are concealed on those and its the wrong shade of grey. Do you have any bigger/clearer pictures of your kit.

- - - Updated - - -

It is Soviet, belorussia... thats Ukranian right?

I was going to link you to a site that sold the same sort but just edited it as i forgot not other traders exist in the world.....
    Last edited by Gadge Europa; 28 May, 2014, 16:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
      The hat is an enlisted mans parade hat, not for really formal parades (they are flashier) but for regular duties when you had to look smart. Could be any era from the 70s to the end of the communist era.

The overcoat i cant tell you. its not a russian enlisted mans one. the buttons are concealed on those and its the wrong shade of grey. Do you have any bigger/clearer pictures of your kit.

- - - Updated - - -

It is Soviet, belorussia... thats Ukranian right?

http://www.epicmilitaria.com/product...ool-great-coat
      I am not sure..As i said..Soviet/Russian stuff isn't my strong suit..So..Is there any potential like load out for this?

EDIT: The guy who sold me the coat and hat also included these like patches..Any clue on these?
      15120001.jpg
      A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Comment

Patch of the tiger on the far right is an MVD district/unit one.

Interior army, post soviet i think

Comment

Patch of the tiger on the far right is an MVD district/unit one.

Interior army, post soviet i think
          Did a little Google search on MVD Tiger patch and yep you are correct Same with the others

Comment

I personally wouldnt base a loadout on a parade hat and greatcoat unless you wanted to be like a kremlin guard or something

Greatcoat order looks like this:

Thats motor rifles winter field kit.

airborne units and other units further up the importance scale had quilted/padded combar suits. as with all russian kit is designed for *very* cold winters so you will probably go down with heat exhaustion gaming in it in all but the worst of uk weather.

Comment

Thanks alot for the pictures And i still want to make a kit out of it :P So will be ordering more stuff shortly it seems..

Comment

Here is a rough guide to soviet dress states. As you can see you're going to lose on or the other as the hat isnt really worn with the greatcoat. if it was cold enough to be greatcoat weather ushanka fue or 'fishfur' lined hats were issued.

soviet dress.jpg

Comment

Here is a rough guide to soviet dress states. As you can see you're going to lose on or the other as the hat isnt really worn with the greatcoat. if it was cold enough to be greatcoat weather ushanka fue or 'fishfur' lined hats were issued.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119039[/ATTACH]
                  Will ditch the hat then :P I only thought they went together after seeing someone post this picture:

10152463_10153971878955282_6392297733028746321_n_zpse63f0d84.jpg

Comment

I can advise strongly enough that before you order *anything* read up on the subject a little. The bare minimum I suggest you read is 'inside the soviet army', its an old osprey title and you should be able to find a copy free as a pdf or get one online for about £3 as its of little use to anyone but re-enactors now (its also a bit error ridden as it was written pre 'wall' so we didnt really know as much as we do now).

That will give you a good idea from photos and text of what you need.

If you let the dealers do your research for you you'll get ripped off and sold any old crap with a hammer and sickle glued onto it as they dont care, they just want to shift warehouses of old soviet stock.

If you read up on it you can get proper kit and know what you should be paying for it.

Its a *very* easy field to get totally ripped off on as most people cant be bothered to look up what they do need and just buy stuff becuase the ebay listing tells them that its the right thing.

read up, buy right, buy once

Buy on a whim, buy the wrong stuff...end up having to buy the right stuff later anyway when you get into it.

a £3 book of amazon will save you a fortune in the end

Comment

I can advise strongly enough that before you order *anything* read up on the subject a little. The bare minimum I suggest you read is 'inside the soviet army', its an old osprey title and you should be able to find a copy free as a pdf or get one online for about £3 as its of little use to anyone but re-enactors now (its also a bit error ridden as it was written pre 'wall' so we didnt really know as much as we do now).

If you let the dealers do your research for you you'll get ripped off and sold any old crap with a hammer and sickle glued onto it as they dont care, they just want to shift warehouses of old soviet stock.

If you read up on it you can get proper kit and know what you should be paying for it.

Its a *very* easy field to get totally ripped off on as most people cant be bothered to look up what they do need and just buy stuff becuase the ebay listing tells them that its the right thing.

Buy on a whim, buy the wrong stuff...end up having to buy the right stuff later anyway when you get into it.

Thanks alot for the heads up

Comment

I found the PDF.. Didn't realize it would have so many pages o: Also you mention pictures but the PDF i found has none.. Seeing as you know your stuff could you list the items i would need? (Webbing and if you know them, The same/Similar badges to the ones in the pictures as they seem to fit very nicely)

Comment

Ok you want to do 80s motor rifles so you need in addition to your coat:

M40 or M68 helmet
                          Pilotka side cap
                          Ushanka fur cap
                          M69 'hebe'utility uniform
                          collar liners
                          Sapogi calf length boots
                          rubberised canvas belt with painted buckle and y-strap
                          4 cell or 3 cell AK74 pouch
                          Ak74 bayonet
                          Plastch groundsheet/raincape.
                          water bottle in canvas carrier

The kit under your coat looks like this (obviously the webbing is worn over it)

motor_rifles___summer_uniforms_by_verganza_de_sasuke-d40hy3w.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and a gas mask and bag.

Dont worry about the rucksack the guy is wearing 'existance load' was pretty uncommon. Normal webbing had a bare minimum on it... one ammo pouch, bayonet, water bottle and groundsheet on the the back.

- - - Updated - - -

The good news is that its all quite cheap if you shop around.

Comment

The greatcoat is Bulgarian not soviet, a lot of them appeared on the market a couple of years ago.

Gadge's list is pretty good, just need to add the grenade pouch and e-tool for the full kit. The brass belt buckle is also fine for field use as well as the green painted (more of a veteran thing). Greatcoats were phased out of the field uniform in the 1973 regulations so isn't essential with the 'he be'/Obr73 uniform. It is a cool look but needless to say not quite so cool to play in.

Comment

Originally posted by Lardassmonkey View Post
                              It is a cool look but needless to say not quite so cool to play in.
                              Yeah i can imagine :P But still fancy giving it a shot.. And if it proves too much i can just ditch as you mentioned

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DatJames Find out more about DatJames
                              Working...
                              X