Russian Loadout Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Russian Loadout Help

Richs point about the coat totally re-enforces what i was saying with regards to 'read books'

The site who were selling it probably have several hundred they cant shift as 'bulgarian' but my saying 'soviet army' it suddenly becomes cooler if you dont know what you're doing.

Traders do this, they will tell white lies to shift you stuff they cant sell by being honest.

Its like you see so many people with 1950s national service brit webbing they were sold as 'wwii' by traders when its post war.

With russian stuff no end of sellers list the m69 hebe utility uniform as 'wwii' and its clearly not by two decades.

Well spotted Rich, I have no idea what greatcoats should look like other than the enlisted man concealed button type as i've never wanted any other sort and i knew Thomas told me to get the double breasted ones with hidden buttons. But if i didnt know that I could have been fooled into beleiving it was belorussian/ukranian.

- - - Updated - - -

and whatever you do james.. dont do the 'two ammo pouches' thing... it looks terrible on soviet impressions and is totally wrong but airsofters used to 'western' kit seem to need everything to match and want to carry 2 million magazines!

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
      Richs point about the coat totally re-enforces what i was saying with regards to 'read books'

The site who were selling it probably have several hundred they cant shift as 'bulgarian' but my saying 'soviet army' it suddenly becomes cooler if you dont know what you're doing.

Traders do this, they will tell white lies to shift you stuff they cant sell by being honest.

Its like you see so many people with 1950s national service brit webbing they were sold as 'wwii' by traders when its post war.

With russian stuff no end of sellers list the m69 hebe utility uniform as 'wwii' and its clearly not by two decades.

Well spotted Rich, I have no idea what greatcoats should look like other than the enlisted man concealed button type as i've never wanted any other sort and i knew Thomas told me to get the double breasted ones with hidden buttons. But if i didnt know that I could have been fooled into beleiving it was belorussian/ukranian.

- - - Updated - - -

and whatever you do james.. dont do the 'two ammo pouches' thing... it looks terrible on soviet impressions and is totally wrong but airsofters used to 'western' kit seem to need everything to match and want to carry 2 million magazines!
      :P Don't worry i won't do the two ammo pouch thing..I normally only get through 3 Midcaps per game with my current loadout (Games last around a hour too due to it trying to do like realistic scenarios) Also, I see what you mean about the M69 Hebe :P Loads of places sell it as WW2.
      A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Comment

Not much help but here's one I put together. The patches make no sense but this was before I really cared about gear at all!

Comment

Update on the Loadout..All is ordered and should be here in 2-3 weeks (Got alot from Ukraine/Russia) The only thing i am struggling to find is the Bakerlite Bayonet/Sheath.. I keep finding Black..Ideas?
          A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Comment

not hard to find normally. going rate is about 30 quid. obviously i cant tell you on here where to buy one despite it not actually being 'competition' with zero one as they dont actually sell them... sorry.

You're in hampshire though I'd suggest looking around somewhere like portsmouth for one of the big surplus stores they used to have there last time i went

Comment

Alright i'll have a look..Online its pretty much impossible to find it seems lol

Comment

You need to be going to fairs and shows mate. You're in a perfect position in the South of the country and it's 'show season' now. Get to detling or W&P or whatever one is on next. You'll save a fortune (if you know what you're buying and have done your research) on shop prices.

For example, a set of WWII brit webbing will be at least £40 anywhere online... i got a full set for a tenner at W&P a few years back by haggling and going to five or six stalls... belt from one for £3, pouches from another for a quid etc etc.

Militaria fairs, shows, car boots.. know what you're looking for and save lots of cash.

Comment

At the likes of W&P you can usually pick up a Soviet bayonet for £15-20. Bulgarian ones can be got for about a fiver!

Comment

Exactly, you might have to pay a few quid to get into a show but you can usually save this on one item alone. Work out stuff you need and pop along to a big show, even 'wwii' shows quite often have traders selling post war stuff and you can often get cold war era stuff cheaper at 'wwii' events because the wwii guys wont buy it and the trader wants to shift it.

I dont buy stuff online unless i have to , its nearly always overpriced. I save up and then go to stoneleigh or similar once a year and do all my shopping at once.

Comment

Found a friend who has a friend who has a bayonet and a metal cleaning rod (Needed one of those too) So yeah that should be on the way soon..In the meantime i found a GP25 and just couldn't resist :p So currently the outfit looks like this:
                      Russia.jpgRussia 2.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DatJames Find out more about DatJames
                      Working...
                      X