WE Makarov, P99, P38, M84

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE Makarov, P99, P38, M84

Not confirmed that they're WE, but it appears they are - looks like the usual bare metal prototypes. *Finally* a GBB Makarov, even though it's the ugly PMM model, I will definitely have one. The P99 and P38 look like Maruzen clones, and the M84 could be any design, I would assume it's loosely based on the WA but with TM style internals.

Aaaaaand the Kel Tec PLR16, which looks like a nice Ar15 alternative

I'm happy someone beat KWA to the Makarov, that should teach them for doing nothing for 3 years.

Re: WE Makarov, P99, P38, M84

Agreed on the Makarov. KWA are taking the piss now.

However the M84 looks an odd one. The only airsoft one that comes to mind is the WA and this could just be a straight up clone of that, unlikely but possible.

As for the P38 and the P99 they could be good so long as they have a decent price point for what they are.

'FireKnife'
    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Elite Force recently released a C02 Cheetah, but the only gas GBB was the WA, which is a very nice little gun. I assume it'll be a clone with some elements modernised/improved. The same goes for the P99 and P38 hopefully. The original Maruzen valve-in-mag system isn't great, so it'd be nice if they replaced it with a TM style valve and piston setup.

Comment

Very much looking forward to the P99.. I had the Maruzen and had to sell it to fund a project. Regretted it since!

Comment

Looking forward to the Makarov and M84...pistols Ive been wanting for a while.

That Keltec looks...unusual. I actually quite like the look of it, but the lack of stock befuddles me.

Comment

The lack of stock is because in the US it's classified as a pistol. Adding a stock would make it a short barreled rifle which is an NFA item. I wonder if it's semi auto? Probably not.

Comment

Why do some of the photos have brussel sprouts in shot?
              -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
              -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Would love a p99. Seem to be hard to find now.
                Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                  The lack of stock is because in the US it's classified as a pistol. Adding a stock would make it a short barreled rifle which is an NFA item. I wonder if it's semi auto? Probably not.
                  Ah I see....wonder if they'll make an aftermarket stock for the airsoft market? Don't think I'd want to buy one otherwise!

Comment

They should have made this one!

And this SU16 looks very nice:

Comment

Anyone have any ideas on release dates? I have a mighty need for that P99.

Comment

I had a Maruzen P99 GBB, one of the more recent editions licenced by Umarex. I loved it, by all accounts a very nice pistol with a surprisingly excellent gas system but a shockingly crap hop unit. I can't imagine this WE measuring up the quality of the Maz but hopfully should have a modernised hop unit.

Some left of field choices from WE here which can only be applauded but it does beg the question when a company like WE can knock three or four different designs of pistol inside of six months, in some cases some brand new designs (M&P and this Makarov for example) yet more reputable companies take years to perfect them. I think it speaks volumes of WE's quantity over quality ethos more than anything else.
                        - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Much like the recent m&p which WE did off there own back, the p99 will most likely be a repackaged we glock setup.
                          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

It's a lot more complex than a Glock internally, and I can't imagine WE redesigning if when they could just copy the Maruzen.

Comment

i would actualy buy the Kel Tec pistol thing just because its not another M4, plus it would fit nicely in my breacher scabbard =)

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                              Working...
                              X