Russian Impression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Impression

So I got bored of the sea of Multicam and MTP that has flooded airsoft sites across the UK ...I decided I would join the minority of players that run with a Russian loadout.

It is in know way 100% accurate nor do I claim it to be, however I wanted to run with a Russian impression so to speak.

I am aware the PASGT doesn't fit in, however it looked better with some sort of helmet than no helmet at all!
    sigpic
    [ VFC KAC PDW - TM MP5k - TM/G&P M14 DMR - G&P XM177e2 - G&P Autobot - KWA M4A1 ]
    * WANTED : TM M9A1 /w Mags *

Re: Russian Impression

That Gorka looks sweet man, definitely one of my favourite bits of kit.

Comment

What types of helmets are you looking at mate? I would recommend a ZSH-1 or ZSH 1-2. But anyways, great kit!

Comment

Actually MVD use a RBR pasgt so its not that out of place. Would look better with a black cover though or if you painted the screws and either had a defender 2 or kora kulon under the vest. Also lose the drop leg stuff and the goggles they ruin the loadout for me I'm afraid. Less is more sometimes especially with Russian kit. Think about getting some knee pads too as it always looks good with gorka.

Your defiantly on the right track with your kit and so close to it being a pretty accurate but generic Russian loadout you just have to make a few tweaks to it

Hope that helps
        Rune
        Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!
        https://www.facebook.com/milsimsouthwest/

Comment

I'd agree with losing the drop leg stuff.

Two reasons.. one it doesnt look that right with the 'russian look' and , two and i dont mean to be harsh here, it makes you look *really* thin and you lose the classic gorka look as all your attention is focused on your thighs being half as wide as the rest of your leg.

I mean the second thing is purely personal taste but i think you'd look more 'soldierly' and like a real russian MVD guy without them.

If you're running a tarzan vest you can easily keep a pistol in one of the AK pouches or if that doesnt work i'd just mount it on a duty belt off the main vest.

Comment

Heya Folks

Cheers for the feedback - will take it on board

In regards to the drop legs, they may be out of place on a Russian loadout as such, however there is no where really for me to run my pistol mags and pistol (all AK Pouches are full) - and in regards to being skinny...thats just me, ain't nothing gonna change that unfortunately!

The goggles are just what I have to hand currently (taken from my US Marine Loadout) however I am looking at getting a set of ESS Turbofan Goggles in Black - but as I said, im in no rush.
            sigpic
            [ VFC KAC PDW - TM MP5k - TM/G&P M14 DMR - G&P XM177e2 - G&P Autobot - KWA M4A1 ]
            * WANTED : TM M9A1 /w Mags *

Comment

I wasnt suggesting that you do need to change being skinny, it was more that tightly strapping your thighs draws attention to this and makes you look positively skeletal when you're wearing something as baggy as a gorka. It just makes you look really wierdly out of proportion if you see what i mean.

My tarzan vest takes a duty belt off the lower loops, if i need to I can put a pistol pouch on that, looks a lot better than drop legs and more 'russian'.

Comment

I'd keep the Drop leg stuff to be honest. Russians are using this stuff more and more, plus if you see the pic below, they aren't all built like Russian Bears either. I'd drop the helmet altogether to be honest, there's plenty of ref pics of MVD not wearing helmets when on duty (again as in the pic). It's the western looking helmets, that make a good Russian impression look bad! The rest of it is great buddy!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shaide Started playing Airsoft in 2004...so that is when my unhealthy addiction for guns began. I started off with the almighty FAMAS and have gone through many weapons up until now where I own the G&P XM177e2 Midas Edition :P Find out more about Shaide
                Working...
                X