Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

TM L96 AWS Spring (different from below post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TM L96 AWS Spring (different from below post)

Originally posted by thedexter View Post
    (MB4406) is apparently 100% compatible with TM parts
    Hi folks, I'm searching the net for some info, and this is how I got to this forum. Are you 100% definately sure that the Well mb4406 4407 4408 4409 series are compatible with TM parts? I'm before buying an 4409A , but I have found no information about its compatibility. Let me note that MB4406 is not an L96 replica. Did you want to write that?

Thanks for help guys, I owe you a lot!

Comment

The MB4409 is compatible with TM L96 triggers, sears, springs, cylinders, cylinder heads, loading plate, spring guide , pistons and hop buckings.

Comment

Thanks man! You helped me a lot! Cheers!

Comment

Thought I'd put a little update and some info for anyone thinking of doing the same.

Right so my new parts turned up and I got them fitted (looks like the previous owner had already drilled the pin and done a pretty good job!), tefloned the cylinder head, made some DIY barrel washers and of we go.

The change is very noticeable, both in performance of the rounds and the gun. The FPS rate is much higher (not chronod it yet) but I'd guess well over 400, ASPUK said to expect 440-450. Barrel spacers and a good clean have solved the pulling to the left.

The downside and I guess to be expected is the ease of use has gone in the aspect of the bolt and trigger pull. The bolt is smooth enough if you give it a quick pull, a slow pull will lose the smooth action (difficult to do anyway due to the extra spring compression strength) havent tried it yet, but I'd imagine it would be pretty difficult to do prone now. The trigger needs quite a serious amount of pressure now, again due to the upgraded spring, to the extent that my finger knows about it this morning after about 50 rounds in the garden last night. Both of these aren't unexpected as putting more pressure on parts that base their utilisation on compression or friction (or both) are going to become more resistant if you up either.

The parts themselves are good quality, well manufactured and fit with ease. The gun is also pretty easy to strip down so if you're a little reticent about taking yours apart don't stress too much.

Parts fitted:

ASPUK 135 TM L96 spring
          ASPUK EZ Trigger set for TM L96

Total cost £88

- - - Updated - - -

~StarkeyJ, would be interested if your experiences on the same upgrade are similar mate.
          "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Comment

Bit of a threadjack, but did you do any amendments to the hop with yours? Only asking as I've got a TM L96 which is upgraded to about 420fps - one thing I've noticed though is that the hop barely lifts 0.3s.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Harlequin Find out more about Harlequin
            Working...
            X