• Show
Clear All

Re: Show me your homemade spray jobs

Cheers rich.

My krylon should be here this week so I'm gonna give it a go

Comment

Originally posted by Dan88 View Post
      When spraying. Is there anything I should be aware of?
      Dont get too close to the thing your painting, spray it from at least 15cm away, and lightly build up coats, that way you dont get paint running and the spray tends to wiggle its way into those bits which are hard to get to. Remember to shake well before use, you want a fine mist coming out the end of your can. If you fuck up, abit of paint thinner or sometimes even silicone spray (depending on the paint you get) will remove it.

For that 'used in action and seen shit' look, paint it up, and go out and play with it the next day whilst the paints still soft. Leave a good few hours after painting each coat. Overnight is best.

Really its all down to personal choice. I chose AOR1 because thats what i mainly wear and was going for a SEAL's style loadout.. Ive got many guns in many different paint jobs.

Dont forget, to most people spraying a gun will devalue it, so if you plan on resellnig it at some point it may be best to hold off...

Plenty of tutorials out online, if you need any more help dont hesitate to send me a PM and ill do my best to help you out.

Comment

As well as the degreasing process, its good to spray in a warm place, so the stock is mildly warm, & also warm the krylon cans, you'll get a much nicer finish this way.
        & dont lay it on too heavy, take your time with light sprays to get the colour depths right, some colours look better with a dusting rather than a solid colour.
        mark

Comment

Cheers for the help guys.

As for the resale, it's only a raider so not worth a great deal. Good gun to practise on ha

Comment

I would also say practice on something that doesn't matter first as well, just to get the idea of how close/far you need to be. Also, I have found that the little white bit can fall off the spray nozzle - make sure it is present when spraying otherwise the paint comes out funny and shite!

Comment

Reposts from another thread but my mk18

And mk old 416

Comment

You asked about the magazines - some are pictured here. I did a some of the photos for a feature on the Reptile House.

https://www.facebook.com/rich.eighty...6085808&type=3

Comment

Should I take the attachments off before spraying it?

Comment

Depends if you want them painted too. I took mine of and sprayed them separately so if I ever changed where they are or replaced them there wouldn't be blank spots on the rifle where the attachments were.

Comment

I want them spraying too. I'll take them off just in case.

Cheers. I'm gonna attempt it tomorrow. I'm scared ha

Comment

Try it on an old bucket or something first!

You can always strip the paint off with a rag and some white spirit anyway, or just go over it again till you've got it right!

Have a quick look at some youtube tutorials aswell, might find something useful there!

Dont forget to post pics when you've finished it!

Comment

Spent about an hour last night watching tutorials, they were all different but I've got a basic idea.

I'm using it tomorrow so I was thinking of leaving it today and spraying it like tomorrow night or Monday night after work

Comment

did this using some ferns.

Comment

Hardest part about painting anything is having the balls to do it. Most things can be undone. So have a rag and white spirits to hand.

Comment

If I wanted to do a custom spray job would I need to take the internals out of the gun and tape up the muzzle, trigger etc.??

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dan88 Find out more about Dan88
                                Working...
                                X