UKARA without membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKARA without membership

Okay, I think I have my brother some bad advice. I told him he could get registered with UKARA by attending three skirmishes etc etc, but instead of becoming a member he could download a form for them to sign. He sent me the link to the form, and it says implicitly in the site section

'the person, as named above, is a current Airsoft player WHO HOLDS MEMBERSHIP AT THIS SITE'

Have I given him duff information

Re: UKARA without membership

After 3 games IN NO LESS THAN TWO MONTHS, you are normally considered a "member"

You can then get your site so stamp the UKARA form and your good to go

Comment

Some sites insist on you becoming paid members to get UKARA registration through them, though some of those then give discounts that make it worth while to regular players. Other sites it's free.

Comment

The thing to understand is that there is no such thing as a 'UKARA number.' The UKARA database simply contains the site numbers of registered players who play at sites that are recognised as having the proper insurance, etc. So if you played at Zed Adventures, for example, and your membership number with them was ZED00123, then that would become your 'UKARA number' once you were registered.

Now, your 'site number' is not always a 'membership number' but most sites won't issue any kind of number until you are a member! So essentially if your brother is a member at the site where he played his games then his membership number is what he sticks on the form. If, however, he's not a member then he could ask the site to give him a 'number' anyway (some will do this, but it's rare!).
        102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Cheers guys, that clears things up. Looks like he's going to be gunning for me!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RitchieTheBrit Ex-squaddie, graphic designer, guy who keeps tripping over. Find out more about RitchieTheBrit
          Working...
          X