Collapse

Quick question about modding two tone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about modding two tone.

Hello all.

I have a glock 17 two toned at the moment and I know I can't remove the paint until I have a defence and I would not risk it until I do.

So say I played 3 games of airsoft get on the UKARA does this mean for one year I can buy,mod and import any RIF until the Ukara expires if I don't carry on airsofting?
    Then I could I remove my blue paint from my glock and if any police or anyone asked I can say on such date 2 years ago I had the Ukara defence that allowed me to remove the two tone?

Just trying to stay within the law as I don't want to problems going to my gun club years after I remove the two tone as we have a air shooting range as well.
    And if pulled by the police while driving I would like to be 100% sure my none two tone glock is ok.

Thank for you any advice

Re: Quick question about modding two tone.

I'm theorising, and someone with a better knowledge will hopefully come along soon.

Once you have UKARA you can more easily buy RIFs, once it expires, you wouldn't be able to easily buy more. However UKARA isn't a "law" or a "defence" it's just an apparatus for a seller to be satisfied you're an airsofter.

If your UKARA has expired and you have a genuine and 'provable' reason for carrying a RIF then you should have no trouble so long as you follow the normal rules for transportation.
    The police won't care if you have UKARA one way or another if you get pulled over driving about with your glock on the dash. similarly if it's hidden, and stored correctly and you can proove you en route to a skirmish then you should be ok, UKARA or not.

I'm not sure on the rules on removing two tone, and can't see how. UKARA affects it, as like I said it's a registration to enable sellers to be confident they have a defense when selling. Removing the a two tone you already own shouldn't have anything to do with UKARA (i stand to be corrected? ). Be aware you are then "manufacturing a RIF"..

Comment

Long story short, you are breaking the law, IF you were prosecuted, you have a provable defence against that section of the VCRA. Thats it.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Thank you both.

If I got this right the moment you stop playing airsoft your rif becomes illegal item because no defence.
        I thought it was illegal to own a rif? or is that only if you a defence as well?

What about rif gifted and you never played airsoft?

Thanks.

Comment

no. owning a rif is not illegal.
          buying a rif is not illegal.
          gifting/receiving a rif is not illegal
          selling a rif to someone without a provable defence is illegal
          removing two tone / building a rif is illegal (but defensible)

Comment

I got you.

Question is why would I have to defend myself if I removed the two tone while I was playing airsoft at the time.
            But after 1 year of not playing my pistol will get me in trouble?

Say an airsoft player for +10 years stopped playing then took a break for 2 years and the police found black airsoft gun in your house would be in trouble?
            What if he/she while driving to a friends house to do some shooting in the garden you get pulled & seached by police?

Thanks for replying sorry to be a pain I just need to be sure on few things.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by GothicGhost View Post
              Question is why would I have to defend myself if I removed the two tone while I was playing airsoft at the time.
              But after 1 year of not playing my pistol will get me in trouble?
              No, becuase at the time the modification was made you were defensible for doing so.
              as i say OWNING isn't an offense, if police visit your house, they may comment on having RIFs, but you are doing nothing wrong by having them. in public, so long as they are covered its fine (in cases/bags ect) if you get searched, tell them whats in the cases/bags and that its best that they dont inspect them in the open.

Comment

Yeah it more transporting rif on my motorbike as I going to have a rifle gun boot for a real firearm on there as well and most likely be pulled by the police at some point.

Comment

You worry too much!

If you are a regular skirmisher than convert your IF to a RIF. You do not need to be on the UKARA database as this only helps if you are buying a new RIF. Providing you are not a knob then you will have no problems. I have been Airsofting for donkeys years now and have never been pulled over on my way to a skirmish and have never had a Police raid on my house.

You will probably find the only time you will get in trouble is shooting in someone's back garden. Unless the garden is in the middle of nowhere with no over-looking houses, set back well away from roads and installed with netting to stop any wayward ricochets, you will most probably be committing an offence. Save it for the Airsoft sites ranges.
                  JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

perfectly fine, tbh, i doubt that you'll even get pulled. the assumption would likely be that its an air rifle as real firearms are uncommon over here

Comment

in theory if you had no defence,and was in possession of a two tone pistol, and you started spraying the blue slide black, and a policeman happened to be walking past your living room window and witnessed you doing this, you would be committing an offence, manufacturing a RIF without a defence.....

however had you completed the task and the policeman was walking past looked through your window and saw you holding a completely black pistol, you would not be committing an offence, because it is not illegal to own a RIF
                      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

The gun boot would be holding real firearms and topbox for airsoft pistols.

Thanks for the information you have been most helpful.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GothicGhost Find out more about GothicGhost
                        Working...
                        X