Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Ferguson Cop. ID something on his rifle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferguson Cop. ID something on his rifle.

Originally posted by km2339 View Post
    I'll give it a go!

As they say, if it seems stupid but works, it's not stupid.
    As a "real steel" shooter as yall call it (I do it for self defense, hunting, and hopefully when I get into law enforcement lol) across the pond from us, it is common to see that on scout rifles. These were the brain child of Jeff Cooper in the 80s.

The list of reasons for this I will give you:

1) Cooper did this with a bolt gun. It allows access to the magazine (stripper clips easier to use).

2) It preserves peripheral vision. This is great for a LEO, or a hunter, because you need to see if something is running between you and your target.

3) Saves you from an idiot mark, aka a wallop from the scoping hitting your face. This is common with larger calibers used out in the American west. We call them mountain rifles because we almost never see them in the east. Not much need for them.

Ps

Be glad you aren't involved in the politics. It is a frigging joke. The guy was a thug and died as a result of said thuggery. All forensic evidence and non recanted witness evidence says so. The only contradictory evidence was recanted by the witness (who was involved in the commission of the crime). Chalk that BS up to the race baiters like Al Sharpton. Scum bags looking to make money off of strife. I'm sure yall got the type over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

km2339 Find out more about km2339
    Working...
    X