milsim snipers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milsim snipers?

I'm looking at doing my first long duration milsim some time soon and have been toying with the idea of being a sniper for it the idea of creeping ahead of the main force and mainly the recce side of it seems cool to me.

Has anyone done this before as most of the milsim websites have rules on loadouts and such so are snipers per se even allowed?

Re: milsim snipers?

I've taken a L96 on a milsim before and didn't really enjoy it. Got tired of carrying the weight around, found some good vantage points but because the playing area is so big I either waited for ages for someone to pass by or no one turned up at all.

From my experience I would avoid it.
    For Sale
    Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Just do the same sort of thing with a DMR? I made a DMR a while back using a G&G polymer receiver as a base, worked great and was nice and light. Didn't cost too much to build either.

Comment

In Milsim as a sniper you'll be doing more recon work than actual sniping....which trust me gets boring!

Comment

I'm planning on being a sniper on the opfor side. So hoping to be picking people off here and there and just causing trouble really. Might go as a standard "soldier" on my first and get a taster first.

Comment

I'd certainly suggest you go as a 'standard' bloke first and see who you get on. The venue also matters, if you're in an urban environment you could do a lot of 'snooping' and observing with just a pistol, radio and a packet of haribo. Being a dicker works really well at milsim events
            "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Comment

I went to a milsim at the weekend, and a two man sniper team stayed out for 5 or 6 hours in enemy territory. In that time they managed to discover the entire layout and position of the enemy camp. They proved to be very useful, and I'm pretty sure they enjoyed it, but I would imagine overall only a select few would enjoy that sort of gameplay for the whole duration of the milsim.
              "Unleash just one load into the enemy
              and be ready to go again straight
              away... and that doesn't happen very
              often does it lads!" - ZeroOne

Comment

Having done a few, I would recommend going as a regular.

Also, it's a specific role and while the idea is cool, it can be really key, tough and gruelling work which is often without much excitement, as it's a key role I wouldn't imagine it would be trusted to a 1st timer either. We all think we are the badest most hardcore milsimmer in town, but it's so alien and challenging only a few could do the role justice. Just being a regular can be physically and mentally draining at these events (if done right!).
                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Biggysmalls Find out more about Biggysmalls
                Working...
                X